B&M transpac.

-

racyroy1

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem installing the B&M rear servo spring in a 904? It seems a little too big to fit into the recessed area and also for the spring retaining cap. Do you force it in and make it work?

Never did a B&M transpac but do not force the spring. Your asking for trouble. Sounds like they sent a 727 spring if it's too big.

You know I'd agree also, but I talked to a tech at B&M and he said that some times they take a bit to seat. I just have a feeling somethings not right, I also asked if it might be a 727 spring but he said they were the same one.

"sometimes they take a bit to seat" He's a total blithering idiot!!

I have never done a 904 but have done numerous 727's and the Trans-go kits I use come with 2 different diameter springs. One for a 727 and one for a 904. The 904 spring is smaller if I remember right. In fact I'd bet I have one out in my parts stash. If you want it you can have it for the shipping which will be no more than $5 I bet.

How much diff. is there in the diameter from the original to the B&M spring?

I called and talked to another tech and he said i didn't need to replace that spring,, I'm at work now but when I get home I'm gonna read the instructions again and see what it said. I'm not sure of the diameter but I'll measure and get back to you when i get home. I'm still not completely sold on the explanation

OK, to get this out of the way, the B&M spring is 1.928 in diameter and the one that was in it was 1.828, so a hundred thou bigger than the one that was in it. The one in it was purple? maybe a transgo? I don't know. The instructions say to use the spring but it's too big. Guess I'm gonna call B&M again tomorrow and see what i get for answer the third time and this time I'll have the instructions and the measurements with me.

PS. The Kit says it's for all 727, 904, a-998 and a-999 trans, between 62 and 78

different kit for 78 1/2 to 96

iv done a transpak on a 904 and it worked great but i dont remember any issuses with that spring, i may have left the original spring in it

you know I was gonna just post that, being that it's for "all" of those transmissions... thanks guys it's a done deal.

I dug up the springs I have and the one that came with the Trans-go kit for the 904 measures 1.810" o.d. I measured a 727 spring and it measures 1.930" o.d. Apparently they are different.

I have installed a few Trans-go kits in 727's and have 2 different instruction sheets. The older instruction sheet says not to change the rear servo spring in the 904. The newer one says to change it so it sounds like they've found a different spring rate works better. Sounds like your B&M kit is similar to the older Trans-go kit.

-
Back