baby bee dart

-

classof70dart

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there was really a Dodge Dart Swinger Baby Bee..I have a chance to purchase one and he has a window sticker that indicates that this was an option...Any comments welcomed..Class of 70
dart

Never heard of it but that doesn't mean it dosen't exist. Also welcome to FABO.:wave: I'm sure you'll find your answer here.

i could be wrong but i dont think dodge ever made one in the states that is, there is a mexican superbee based on a a-bodie platform though

Never heard of a baby bee, I don't think it was ever made. The link to those Dart pics is just someones personal build

deff custom mod no such thing looks cool though I was going with a superbee look when I started my first swinger

From Class of 70 dart-Purchased the baby bee dart..Original window sticker list the basic 1972 dart std equipment..halfway down sticker is the Dodge Dart Swinger Baby Bee package at a cost of 1278.00 which includes 340, 727 tranny, 3:54 pos,roof mld,hood scoops, dual ex with chr tips,tuff str wheel,white baby bee stripe,14" ralleys,fr and rear bumper guards.This is printed on Chrysler original window sticker with a S.O. numer of DD695201..It sure does look original..Any comments..

Where was this car alledged to have been sold originally?

This thread reminds me of something......

Attachments

• buffalo-bison_304psd.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 629
Might be another Canadian-only '72 Swinger Special 340 , but this time it was sold through one of the other dealerships that weren't on the list to receive the batches of the LL23H cars ...

If it's a custom mod then it was sold as a package. There was a "Baby Bee" on display at the last car show at the Windmill (which dusterny started a thread about recently) last year. The tail stripe was just like the one posted. On a red car. Sorry, didn't take any pics or talk to the owner, but it was parked right next to dusterny's Duster.

It could very well have been a dealer "inspired" option.
Ever heard of the "Bengal Charger"?
1968cincinnatichargerad9je.jpg

index.php

index.php

These were done by Tom Keener Chrysler in Cincinnati to celebrate the new NLF expansion team in 1968.
Tom had the cars painted the same orange that the state of MI was using for their highway trucks and had to special order 50. Chrysle gave the stripes away since Tom Keener did order 50 of the cars. Since Chrysler gave the stripes away, they didn't list them on the option sheets.
Maybe your Baby Bee is something like this?

It was Tom Kneer Dodge in Cincinnati and I remember those Bengal Chargers.
They sure looked good back then.

From Class of 70 dart-Purchased the baby bee dart..Original window sticker list the basic 1972 dart std equipment..halfway down sticker is the Dodge Dart Swinger Baby Bee package at a cost of 1278.00 which includes 340, 727 tranny, 3:54 pos,roof mld,hood scoops, dual ex with chr tips,tuff str wheel,white baby bee stripe,14" ralleys,fr and rear bumper guards.This is printed on Chrysler original window sticker with a S.O. numer of DD695201..It sure does look original..Any comments..
3.54 is a dana gear not a 8 3/4 gear and I don,t think it came with a dana. Mark

3.54 is a dana gear not a 8 3/4 gear and I don,t think it came with a dana. Mark
Not to rail road this topic :read2: ...
The Dodges built in / for Mexico , South America , etc. , etc. , had a 3.54 geared Dana 44 behind their 318 ( with 340 top ends ! ) motored "A" Bodies .

Not certain if this was done in Canada as well ... :happy10:

-
Back