Back seat removal

-

williaml

Reaction score
I want to remove the back seat to replace the carpeting in my 1965 Dodge Dart Convertible. How do you remove the back seat? Any tricks for the front bench seat as well will be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

if it is the same as most, push down, in , and up , on both sides where you sit. for the front, feed your seat belts back through the crack and then just unbolt it from underneath

Here is a pic of the clip. Sorry it's a little grainy I had to enlarge it from an interior shot before I cleaned and repainted the floor.

As 73 said you have to push down and rearward then up and forward to get it out. If you take a flashlight and look under the edge of the seat you may be able to see what you're up against.

Attachments

• clip.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,842
Rear seat: There are two inverted “J” shaped brackets welded to the floor that the wire seat frame locks into about 6” in from each end of the seat. To release wire frame, push down and to rear of car, then lift up. Several attempts at unhooking frame will most likely be needed.

Front seat is through bolted to underside of floor by four bolts held with four nuts. Before attempting nut removal, clean threads of bolts with wire brush and solvent to remove under coating and rust, and apply penetrating oil.

To remove the top part of the back seat there is a tab on each side at the bottom that goes through a loop[ and is bent over, just bend up and lift seat back off.

Here is a pic of the clip. Sorry it's a little grainy I had to enlarge it from an interior shot before I cleaned and repainted the floor.

As 73 said you have to push down and rearward then up and forward to get it out. If you take a flashlight and look under the edge of the seat you may be able to see what you're up against.
THANZ. PIC GOOD

-
Back