Backorder

-

SWED67barracuda

Reaction score
What´s up with the Hot Rod business. Everything is on backorder. No Comp Cam stuff, Lunati almost gone. Good engineparts are harder and harder to find. Not happy.

During the pandemic, everything dried up. I have no idea why the companies have not ramped production back up. I cannot count how many times I've heard "we can't get any parts because of Covid". It's getting old very fast.

Everyone wants to be a middleman now days. Collect the mark up and have the item shipped from the manufacturers warehouse. They don't stock anything either.

I've been using eBay with pretty good results. No backorders, they have a thing (or several) and it's for sale. I've found items that the actual retailers site says is out of stock, but their eBay store has one.

Interested if others have found this to be the case or experienced similar?

Its a bit of a head scratcher. The pandemic excuse can no longer apply. I even see small items like pie tin plates on back order. I ordered one a year and a half ago. Some of the items on back order I would guess are offshore sourced.

I've been using eBay with pretty good results. No backorders, they have a thing (or several) and it's for sale. I've found items that the actual retailers site says is out of stock, but their eBay store has one.

Interested if others have found this to be the case or experienced similar?
I must check. i´m trying to find pushrods without oilingholes,that can handle pressures over 400 pounds, nowhere to be found.

-
Back