Bare Bones Budget 400 Build

-
This one is almost 12 minutes. Been at it two hours and not 20% uploaded yet.
busy weekend.. lol. you'll have to post your Utube channel (link) so we can subscribe and get notices when you upload
:thumbsup:

Should have his valiant there and some videos from the restoration shop.

I know you're trying to avoid a machine shop, but before all the fancy piston choices we have now, I built a 400 using .060 over 440 pistons to get 0 deck. Made a bit over 400 HP with some bowl work and a cam.

I know you're trying to avoid a machine shop, but before all the fancy piston choices we have now, I built a 400 using .060 over 440 pistons to get 0 deck. Made a bit over 400 HP with some bowl work and a cam.

I thought about that. But I have this pristine set of stock 400 pistons so they get the nod. I'm not out for compression. Just one thing I'm interested in. Low compression torque. It'll have plenty for what it's goin in.

Alright, here's the not quite 12 minute video that took all night to upload. lol

Jes dreamin. lol

400 DREAMIN.jpg

What cam are you thinking of going with?

That should make that little Valiant scoot.

What about the Summit 6401 at half the price? It is basically the same specs as the Crane HMV 278 I ran in my 400.

What about the Summit 6401 at half the price? It is basically the same specs as the Crane HMV 278 I ran in my 400.

I looked at that one. I thought about it. I want a tighter LSA than that. I really want a 108, but that will be extra.

The wide lobe center really helped the idle. It had great street manners.

I want a little bit of an exhaust note. I think where that cam is I'll get a thump when cold and it'll smooth out fairly well when warm.

-
Back