Barracuda parts interchange ability

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a site that lists part#`s for A bodies so I can figure out what parts of my 68 grille will interchange with a 67?It would be great to have one on this site so John Mopar would know whether his 67 Barracuda windshield would fit Joe Mopar`s 70 Dart, for example.Any help or input?

I purchased a book from Amazon several years back. Can't recall the exact name but it was something like 64-74 Mopar Parts Interchange Handbook.

It was pretty useful in that it gave mopar part numbers for most all major items by year and what could and couldn't be swapped een if the part numbers had changed.

Thanks Dave, I`ll look for that book. I have a 68 fstbk and have seen many parts from 67-69 that will interchange as well as some Dart parts, but it would be really helpful to have one comprehensive resource to turn to when you`re in doubt.68 seems to be the quirky year when it comes to parts compatibility.Thanks again, John.

I found the book on Amazon like you said,and ordered it. It`s titled Chrysler Muscle Car Parts Interchange Manual 1968-1974 (Powerpro)-Paul Herd. There`s also a number of books on big blocks ,small blocks, restoration, and hotrodding.Thanks for the tip ,I`m sure that it`ll come in handy as the quest continues to find good parts for my car.I still have the original service manual(almost 40 yrs. old), for my 68 GTS and although it`s seen better days it`s been a real life saver.I`ve learned to read through the greasy fingerprints. Many thanks, John.

Yep when I got home and pulled it off the shelf that's the name. When I first bought my Barracuda I purchased a bunch of books and restoration guides. Some useful some not but all interesting.

The search for answers started with this: I have a 68 cuda with a 67 grille and I`ve found a guy who `s got a 67 with a 68 grille. We would like to just swap grille centers but is it necessary to swap the surrounds and bezels,etc.or just the actual grille.I`ve heard that there`s a bracket that needs to be swapped out as well. Has anyone had experience with the two that could definitively answer this? Thanks

I too have looked for a website that has part numbers and haven't found anything but I went through the grill surround interchange about 2 yrs. ago. If I remember right the only bracket that I had to change was the one that the parking light bolted too on the 67. It's about a 2" wide bracket on the 67 and the 68 is a narrow (1/4") bracket because the parking lights bolt directly to the plastic grill. I think the rest were the same if I remember right. All the surrounds have the same part numbers but some 68's had a extra mounting screw for the headlight bezel because of complaints of them rattling loose.

I first bought the book you guys refered too. While it has quite a few part numbers it don't cover all the bases. I found another one on e-bay that covers alot of stuff the other one dosen't. With the 2, most bases are covered. I just looked on e-bay again to see if there was any more of the books I bought and didn't see any. The seller was daggie7 if you wan't to look him up and send an e-mail. It cost me $25 with shipping but was well worth it. It is called "Barracuda 1964-1969 A Book of Information". This is just a book about 64-69 Cuda's though. No interchange info. unfortunately.

I don't know where else this book can be found. E-bay is the only place I've seen it. If you like I can scan in the 2 pages with the exploded views and e-mail them too you. Just shoot me an e-mail if you need it. kb9vxq at arrl.net is my e-mail address. Of course change the at to @ Just trying to keep the spam down you know.

Thanks fishy for the info on the grille.If we exchange just centers and parking light brackets we should be okay. We have to mail this stuff to make the exchange, so the fewer parts we have to mail the cheaper it`ll be. I`m a regular on Ebay so I`ll look that fellow up and keep my eyes open for that book.You can`t have too many reference books when you go tearing your car apart. I believe this restoration is going to take a long time, and 6 or 9 months from now when I pick up a box of parts, I`m going to wonder where the!@#$%^does this thing go?That`s when I`ll reach for the books. Best regards, John

-
Back