battery disconnect

-

carkindaguy

Reaction score
i have a trunk mounted battery and i would like to run my74 duster down my local drag strip. i would like to see some pics of your battery disconnect setup. so post your pics so i can see what everyone else is doing. i was thinking of mounting a switch under the bumper or a rod type lever through the tail light lens. so please post some pics, inside the trunk and outside. thanks so much, ryan.

here's some pics

4127640-68.jpg

4642211-MVC-022S.jpg

4643103-MVC-024S.jpg

4809942-MVC-025S.jpg

And a few wiring diagrams

trunkbattwire1.jpg

trunkbattwire2.jpg

trunkbattwire3.jpg

trunkbattwireRY.jpg

If you search the site you'll find a bunch of threads on this subject.

I no longer have the car but I had a flip type on the flat for the license plate with a hole drilled thru center of license plate. At the track i would pull the handle then the plate and reinstall the handle so tech could see it.Wasnt noticeable on the street and plenty visible at the track if the safety crew had to find it.

I have the rod type going next to my license plate, the cut off is mounted in my spare tire well. No reall damage done, when I push it in you cant see it so its good theft protection. I do like the flip down license plate idea!!!

Here are a few pics of mine. I ran my push/pull through the top bumper bolt hole.

Attachments

• SUNP0011.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 246
  • SUNP0012.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 224
  • SUNP0013.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 216
-
Back