FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all

Looking for a battery tray and brace for 1964 Valiant

64 and 65 Parts manuals show Tray P/N 2260463.
Bracket P/N 2208591

Bought the one Detroit Muscle has advertised but that one hits the exhaust manifold. (It is 8 x 13) pretty sure the OEM trays had an angle along that edge to avoid the issue. Classic Ind has an 8x12 rectangular.

Saw several closed out sales ads from last year. Hoping one of those comes back around

Thanks for checking your stash.

P.S. I will be at Carlisle on Friday

Last edited:
Hi all

Looking for a battery tray and brace for 1964 Valiant

64 and 65 Parts manuals show Tray P/N 2260463.
Bracket P/N 2208591

Bought the one Detroit Muscle has advertised but that one hits the exhaust manifold. (It is 8 x 13) pretty sure the OEM trays had an angle along that edge to avoid the issue. Classic Ind has an 8x12 rectangular.

Saw several closed out sales ads from last year. Hoping one of those comes back around

Thanks for checking your stash.

P.S. I will be at Carlisle on Friday
@WV64Signet There is no "angle". The stock OEM original battery tray on my '65 is 11 1/2". Not even close to the manifold. Measure what you will be seeing at Carlisle. Good luck!

@WV64Signet There is no "angle". The stock OEM original battery tray on my '65 is 11 1/2". Not even close to the manifold. Measure what you will be seeing at Carlisle. Good luck!
Thank you!

The diagram in the assembly manual shows rectangular...

I was lacking the dimensions. Much appreciated

20240705_122429.jpg

Yup that is not an early "A" tray. Assume you can return it?
Working with James from DMT. He stated they've not had issues before. May have shipped the wrong tray (I mean, it's wrong...) Hopefully we can get it corrected. If I have to ship it back, shipping costs will exceed the part cost. I'll just male a bird feeder out of it or something

Working with James from DMT. He stated they've not had issues before. May have shipped the wrong tray (I mean, it's wrong...) Hopefully we can get it corrected. If I have to ship it back, shipping costs will exceed the part cost. I'll just male a bird feeder out of it or something
I can send you a pic of mine if James requires some visual evidence of an OEM battery tray in place (59 years old!). Perhaps James is selling Chinese "close enough"?. Not likely an issue on an early or later Slant car. However, the early A V8 cars are a lot tighter under the hood (as I'm sure you have discovered! LOL!).

I can send you a pic of mine if James requires some visual evidence of an OEM battery tray in place (59 years old!). Perhaps James is selling Chinese "close enough"?. Not likely an issue on an early or later Slant car. However, the early A V8 cars are a lot tighter under the hood (as I'm sure you have discovered! LOL!).
Awesome. Yeah send some pictures and measurements if you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back