Beautiful day...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
for a bike ride

View attachment 0727131335 (Medium).jpg

You would think that after 15 years of living in the desert that I would be use to the heat. Past few weeks we have been hovering in the high 90's-low triple digits during the day. Had a reprieve of sorts so I took the bike out today. Great day for a ride....

Does it drive good with the fork laid back that far?

Does it drive good with the fork laid back that far?

Takes a bit getting used to. Turning from a stop takes a bit of room. Need to get the wrench out to adjust the rear shocks, with it cranked down as low as it is it does not take much to bottom it out. Out on the road it handles ok, but with it being so low it does not take much to start a spark show. First cruiser I have ever had, interesting change of pace from a GSXR1000.....

Suppose to be in the high 80's again tomorrow....might have to go get lost for a few hours while is working on her project for the quilt show next week end......

Fun! Took a clients GSXR 600 out for a test ride... :)

EDIT: You posted on my FB post same time I posted on yours, here.

Ya it's been mid to upper 90's around here for the last two weeks and that's too hot for me to want to have a hot engine between my legs.

Takes longer than 10 minutes for it to make a puddle.....:banghead:

It's when Harleys STOP leaking that you have to worry! One good thing about riding thru the hot desert......at least you're very thirsty when you arrive at your destination!

In the South here, while we don't normally see temperatures much past mid-high 90s we do get to 100 or so, it's the freaking humidity that kicks my butt so much. I have wanted a bike for years now but the wife just isn't comfortable with them, she has said I could get one years back when the economy was better but when I went to actually get one she kinda fell apart so I figured it wouldn't be worth it and let it go...I sure want one, grew up riding dirt bike's and 4 wheelers, even then was nothing really like being able to separate yourself from everything going on around you. Oh well.

It's when Harleys STOP leaking that you have to worry! One good thing about riding thru the hot desert......at least you're very thirsty when you arrive at your destination!

Spent a tone of time cruising around the desert in AZ. Always had my jug of ice water with me thanks to having a tank bag. If I did not have it with me I would see to it that once an hour or so I was buying water from some where. There was a Chevron station in near the Salt River Canyon that they knew me by name I was in there so often.

In the South here, while we don't normally see temperatures much past mid-high 90s we do get to 100 or so, it's the freaking humidity that kicks my butt so much. I have wanted a bike for years now but the wife just isn't comfortable with them, she has said I could get one years back when the economy was better but when I went to actually get one she kinda fell apart so I figured it wouldn't be worth it and let it go...I sure want one, grew up riding dirt bike's and 4 wheelers, even then was nothing really like being able to separate yourself from everything going on around you. Oh well.

Spent 27 years in NJ, I remember all to well about the humidity. Sweating while taking a cold shower. It definitely is a butt kicker. My wife is very supportive of me having a bike. I want to get a passenger seat for it so she can go with me.
If the thought of you being on a bike it is probably a good idea that you just forget about it. I have tried several times to walk away but just can not. Really regret starting on the Dart, would really prefer just spending the rest of my life on 2 wheels.

I have tried several times to walk away but just can not........would really prefer just spending the rest of my life on 2 wheels.

I know what you mean, Ink......I went a period of time without a bike, a couple of years only......and then realized I ALWAYS had to have a bike! Had to!

I felt like I was "getting the shakes" without one.

I know what you mean, Ink......I went a period of time without a bike, a couple of years only......and then realized I ALWAYS had to have a bike! Had to!

I felt like I was "getting the shakes" without one.

Biker DT'S? Have went a bit longer than 2 years a few times. When I moved to AZ the Ex had a Bronco II, I had a Ford Ranger with a 302 that would not stay cool and a bike. For 6 straight years the only time the Ranger got driven was when the bike was part for new tires or it was raining. I sold the Honda right when I met Ernestina. Went 8 months or so and ended up borrowing a buddies bike and took Ernie out on her very first bike ride. The next weekend I bought

View attachment 104_0425 (Medium).jpg

a true rocket. Motor wise was a very docile ride. Short shift and just cruise. But you could tell it was not happy.....Hit the rev limiter in 6th gear several dozen times on it. Had Ernie on the back once at 155. Was a lot of fun to ride but the writing was on the wall in regards to how long I was going to be able to ride it, between the Honda and my job I was developing severe wrist pain. Every now & then I search EBay for another GSXR.....would love to have another one...had surgery on both wrists so I could probably ride it again...

-
Back