Beautiful gathering of a group of old guys

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our annual gathering of street racers from the 1970’s got together at a local park. Probably 100-120 in attendance of show car guys, racers, or dreamers. It didn’t matter as we all loved cars. Most were from 65-85 years old with of course some younger guys mixed in. I didn’t wonder out to see all the cars as I was to busy BSing but here are a few pictures I took on the way out.

IMG_4490.jpeg

IMG_4491.jpeg

IMG_4489.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4492.jpeg

A day of fun at our age is priceless, congratulations on yet another great day

Although the whole day was special one guy made it extra special, Dan. I lived in Natrona Heights and worked in a very very busy gas station 2 miles from home in 1974 after graduating. I bought my 72 duster in 1975 (340 four speed) from a customer and began racing and doing mods to it. I would race anyone on any night. Well Dan had a very bright yellow 67 mustang that I would later find out to be a 390 four speed with 5:10 gears. This thing would just rumble when he passed the station. Dan and his friends were from Freeport where I now live. Well I was cruising McDonalds looking for some action and my three soon to be friends from Freeport said do you want to race. Lol. I said he’ll ya who owns that yellow mustang and Dan said that’s mine so I said let’s go. So we headed to the expressway where we often raced and we lined up. I got him by about two car lengths and when we pulled over to talk had a bypass hose leaking real bad. Dan got out some Duct Tape and Chuck a new friend with a 327 (68 Camero) had water and they took me to the gas station in Freeport where they hung out. I made five new friends that night that raced together, hunted and got a bear together, traveled, drank, and grew up together. All still have nice cars some still having the same cars but after racing together for 5-6 years I’m the only one that keep going. Well after not seeing Dan for probably 15 years showed up yesterday. The car is long gone but the memories live forever.

IMG_4504.jpeg

Last edited:
Although the whole day was special one guy made it extra special, Dan. I lived in Natrona Heights and worked in a very very busy gas station 2 miles from home in 1974 after graduating. I bought my 72 duster in 1975 (340 four speed) from a customer and began racing and doing mods to it. I would race anyone on any night. Well Dan had a very bright yellow 67 mustang that I would later find out to be a 390 four speed with 5:10 gears. This thing would just rumble when he passed the station. Dan and his friends were from Freeport where I now live. Well I was cruising McDonalds looking for some action and my three soon to be friends from Freeport said do you want to race. Lol. I said he’ll ya who owns that yellow mustang and Dan said that’s mine so I said let’s go. So we headed to the expressway where we often raced and we lined up. I got him by about two car lengths and when we pulled over to talk had a bypass hose leaking real bad. Dan got out some Duct Tape and Chuck and new friend with a 327 (68 Camero) had water and they took me to the gas station in Freeport where they hung out. I made five new friends that night that raced together, hunted and got a bear together, traveled, drank, and grew up together. All still have nice cars some still having the same cars but after racing together for 5-6 years I’m the only one that keep going. Well after not seeing Dan for probably 15 years showed up yesterday. The car is long gone but the memories live forever.

View attachment 1716303591
Life is all about memories!!!! OK ...so it helps to have some cool hot cars and a garage!!!!

-
Back