Belt routing

-

mopar_nocar

Reaction score
Saw an old thread about belt routing. Thought I would share a "special" one that the PO did on my 318.

I can say it was somewhat effective....belts are pretty much aligned. I am not putting it back into use.

sb

belts2.jpg

belts1.jpg

You have the illusive 70 up AC with the power steering delete small block idler pulley-bracket. A lot of people will pay dearly for that. Most people don't know that it even exists. Its for a car that has factory AC and manual steering, you need some way to tension the fan belt. Put it on here if you want to sell it.

Really? Including the lawnmower looking part above the water pump? I thought it was inventive use of parts.
Crazy, put me in the category that did not know it existed.

sb

The lawnmower part above the water pump I'm not sure about either. That bracket with pulley beside the water pump pulley is the one. If you have factory AC on a 70 up smallblock with manual steering, you need that part and a short belt.

Looks like you just need to put an AC compressor back on, find you some AC lines, put new O rings in Charge with R 12 from a swapmeet and be nice and cool again. I'm a factory AC guy if you haven't guessed. I don't like to sweat and you drive a car a lot more in the heat if you have AC.

Looks like you just need to put an AC compressor back on, find you some AC lines, put new O rings in Charge with R 12 from a swapmeet and be nice and cool again. I'm a factory AC guy if you haven't guessed. I don't like to sweat and you drive a car a lot more in the heat if you have AC.
Amen to that. I drive my Cuda a lot more since I added the Classic Auto Air AC. When it's 100 degrees in Kansas, It's not much fun to drive a non-AC car.

It's amazing how many beautiful nice factory AC cars out there with all of the underhood AC stuff missing. And all the people on these forums that have factory AC that doesn't work and want to rip it all out. I can understand if it's a strip car. But I guess a lot of people like to sweat or drive their new car when it's hot. I have a friend that used to have the fastest car around, a 65 Chevelle SS big block that ran in the 9's with factory AC that worked. I guess the beer used to keep us cool when we were younger when we didn't have AC.

Not only is the underhood a/c stuff missing on mine, but the in-dash stuff has fallen apart, and it looks like someone used a hammer on the under the dash parts. For me, it seems easier to start from scratch, rather than try to put the factory stuff back together, in this particular instance.

sb

Not only is the underhood a/c stuff missing on mine, but the in-dash stuff has fallen apart, and it looks like someone used a hammer on the under the dash parts. For me, it seems easier to start from scratch, rather than try to put the factory stuff back together, in this particular instance.

sb
Sorry to hear that, You might be better of going with aftermarket if you want AC then.

-
Back