Best brake shoes for 70 Dart 8 3/4

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got cheap when I started building my Dart. Got eBay relined shoes and rebuilt cylinders. Now need to replace the cylinders and shoes with the best there is.
Recommended ???

Hey brooks go to Rockauto. I buy SBP parts from them all the time. Try and get brake shoe that are riveted.

I have always run a good semi-metallic. I don't like going too aggressive on shoes it's to hard on the drums and I like my hard parts to last, my swinger has the original drums. Others may have other opinions . But I also had good luck with RockAuto brake parts .

Hey brooks go to Rockauto. I buy SBP parts from them all the time. Try and get brake shoe that are riveted.
Thanks Roy
I checked and all are bonded exc two. The other two it doesn’t say. Also I need to measure it appears that there are a few sizes.

Ok, searched for hours no one
Has rivered, metal flake rear 10 x1 3/4 rear shoes I did find Raybestos front pads and rear shoes in ceramic. I’m guessing there are advantages to ceramic????

FYI, I've had better luck lately with Carid, than Rockauto. Worth checking out.

FYI, I've had better luck lately with Carid, than Rockauto. Worth checking out.
I went with these on my Dodge M37 military vehicle. Porterfield in California. 949 548-4470. The vehicle has 14" drums f/r. This R4-S compound is in stock for many applications. Give them a call. They have racing compounds also.
R4s brake lining.jpeg

-
Back