best deal on a windshield for a 65 a body?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Popped the windshield out and it looks like the whole edge is delaminating. Who's got the best deal on a new or good used one? I'd drive a couple of hours from San Antonio if need be..

Check your local auto glass repair shop, they still make them. I think I paid $100(I installed it ) 5 years ago.

I just got a quote from a local glass shop here in Ohio. $250 installed if I provide the new seal. A ton cheaper than buying one from the repop houses.

Make sure to shop around, prices vary greatly. I just got a windshield for my 64 Valiant. Local glass shop charged About $175 delivered two days later. I had quotes as high as $500 (Safelite).

So shopping around was a good call. One location quoted 200, and another 165, same warehouse z same glass... got a gasket and lock strip on the way as well. Thanks everyone.

Thanks. My mid Georgia 65 Barracuda is gonna need both, from sitting in the hot GA sun for 55 years! DMT usually sells the best of the best, so hopefully they send the correct lockstrips instead of the Chevy truck lockstrip that causes leaks.

I'm glad yall can find all these windshields so easily. Damned if I could find a new one for my 64 when I needed it. The one I have in it is delaminated around the edges a little and scratched up some. I'd love a new.....or better one, but heck if I could find one. On ebay for like 350 bucks, but I'll stick with what I have.

I'm glad yall can find all these windshields so easily. Damned if I could find a new one for my 64 when I needed it. The one I have in it is delaminated around the edges a little and scratched up some. I'd love a new.....or better one, but heck if I could find one. On ebay for like 350 bucks, but I'll stick with what I have.
Windshield is the same 63,64,65, 66 Valiant, Dart and Barracuda (no 63 Cuda) as is the gasket and lock strip. The only lock strip available as far as I know is the chevy style.

Windshield is the same 63,64,65, 66 Valiant, Dart and Barracuda (no 63 Cuda) as is the gasket and lock strip. The only lock strip available as far as I know is the chevy style.

Oh I found the gasket and lock strip no problem. You're right. The lock strip is round and not flat like the original Chrysler piece.

If you are getting tinted watch a lot of the repops use that dot matrix black for it.

Anyone have a source for a '64 Valiant Convertible windshield gasket?
It looks like the glass is the same, what is the difference in the gaskets?

Last edited:
I used a hardtop windshield gasket in my 64 Dart convertible. All the trim fit perfectly and I have had no issues

Anyone have a source for a '64 Valiant Convertible windshield gasket?
It looks like the glass is the same, what is the difference in the gaskets?

I used a hardtop windshield gasket in my 64 Dart convertible. All the trim fit perfectly and I have had no issues
Thanks for that. My windshield is inpretty poor condition, starting to de-lam at the edged, wiper & other scratches. Gasket is showing cracking and deterioration as well.

-
Back