Best way to make members aware of someone ripping people off in trading section?

-
No I had it right. I'm less trusting. I bet I don't get burned as often as you! F/F = Firefighter

just past my 54th BD - having trouble remember EVER getting truly burned.. which is why I see the glass as half full

well I for one want to know who it is so I can decide for myself if I want to do business with them or if maybe I have some info I can pass along regarding them. 2 weeks is too long without any communication let alone 2 months. there's a reason I've never been burned on this site having made numerous transactions

well I for one want to know who it is so I can decide for myself if I want to do business with them or if maybe I have some info I can pass along regarding them. 2 weeks is too long without any communication let alone 2 months.
it is - and the seller is foolish if he thinks this is going to fade away - I am wondering if our OP has heard anything in the last day or two from him...? @sonoramic - what's happening with this?

Hate to say it, but it's 50% your fault. You're the one who used the friends and family option, when that was NOT the case. That's why Paypal uses two different forms to pay with. One for business and one for personal. This was business. With a stranger. Over the internet.

I agree man, but at the time, and in my "defense" I didn't know the friends and family thing exempted you from being able to file a grievance. I know now though.....

sonoramic, has the seller been back on here at any time since ?

I don't believe they have. I've looked at their profile, and it has been a while. Yeah, I thought of the possibility that something bad/health wise could have happened to the dude....... not sure though, and yeah, it still sux I don't have what I paid for.

in consideration of the strangeness of the seller being unusually absent - I caution you to tread lightly with a call out - I think Joey it hinting that there very well may be an extenuating circumstance here... I have seen a couple guys "eat their words" on here after bitching about a transaction and then discovering the truth of the matter... tough situation on both sides it seems.

Exactly why I haven't "outted" them yet....... I've been considering this very scenario... and don't want to eat crow. Still sux though....

it is - and the seller is foolish if he thinks this is going to fade away - I am wondering if our OP has heard anything in the last day or two from him...? @sonoramic - what's happening with this?

I haven't heard a peep. As mentioned, I even sent him a link to this thread via the IM (Conversation) thread that I had with him from the beginning of this deal. I also sent an email to the address that was noted on the paypal account. I should mention this also. I did buy something off of this same individual before, and had no problems. It was as he said and it was a clean deal, which is why I had no issue with doing business with him again on this deal...... unfortunately, that didn't work out.... so far.

Here is the PM message ....
pic1-vi.jpg

pic3-vi.jpg

pic4-vi.jpg

pic5-vi.jpg

pic6-vi.jpg

pic72-vi.jpg

pic8-vi.jpg

pic9-vi.jpg

pic10-vi.jpg

pic11-vi.jpg

pic13-vi.jpg

pic12-vi.jpg

pic14-vi.jpg

pic15-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I have not given much thought about the friend and family deal, but I have noticed the last several purchases I have made the seller requested to be paid that way. I guess they figured out that I have no recourse if the purchase didn't go well
Thanks for sharing the information

FF = firefighter,,,, And he gets burned less because he's less trusting and will let a deal go rather then get burnt. 20 years as a Det. in NYC I know what he means....I think....lol

FF = firefighter,,,, And he gets burned less because he's less trusting and will let a deal go rather then get burnt. 20 years as a Det. in NYC I know what he means....I think....lol
Yup your probably right. The job has taught me to be suspicious of everyone and not trust anyone, till my trust is earned. Not sure it's a good thing. But it is what it is.

After seeing your conversation with the seller and the sudden absence of him on the forum there just might
a legitimate reason you haven't heard from him but that's just a hunch. I hope you get your parts or your cash either way.

Thanks everyone..... not really sure what to do at this point. Im tearing apart a parts car that has a pair on them....ill just send them to my buddy. I wanted these, because I knew I wouldnt have a chance to get mine off for a little while.....well, a "little while" has passed. Ill wait a little longer, and hope to hear from him.....maybe until the end of the month, after that, ill "out him" and possibly go ahead and give negative seller feedback.....

Thanks again for all the help and comments.

Maybe there's a member here close enough to check
on him and see what's up?

Thanks everyone..... not really sure what to do at this point. Im tearing apart a parts car that has a pair on them....ill just send them to my buddy. I wanted these, because I knew I wouldnt have a chance to get mine off for a little while.....well, a "little while" has passed. Ill wait a little longer, and hope to hear from him.....maybe until the end of the month, after that, ill "out him" and possibly go ahead and give negative seller feedback.....

Thanks again for all the help and comments.

I noticed someone made the comment, "hope you're feeling better", on his profile.

Perhaps he is incapacitated.

My opinion....judging the conversatio, is that there may be a legitimate reason. Get the plates u need from the parts car you got, and get a refund from seller. Its only $40 should be no issues. Hope it gets resolved.

Yup your probably right. The job has taught me to be suspicious of everyone and not trust anyone, till my trust is earned. Not sure it's a good thing. But it is what it is.
if you say so - you're both cynical and I am sure you have perfectly valid reasons for it ...I think that it has a lot to do with experiences (obviously) and, to some degree, your location. I grew up in, and moved to, a small town. Maybe I've been really lucky as I really can't remember a deal that went so bad I felt like I had been ripped off - so I haven't learned to be distrusting. Are there people in my past that I wish I had not trusted to start with - you betcha, but I still believe that, by and large, people are mostly good and should be given the benefit of the doubt. To each his own though, viva la differance'.. 'tis what makes the world go 'round.

-
Back