Best way to make members aware of someone ripping people off in trading section?

-
The seller hasn't been back to the site for a month. Prior to that he was an active member with all positive trader ratings.
OP Sonoramic reached out to me in a PM because I also was jipped by the same seller. I actually PM'd Admin (Joey) shortly after and he said there wasn't really anything admin could do about it and that the guy hadn't had any activity since so maybe there were unforeseen personal issues, etc. I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt b/c obviously I couldn't verify either way. However, after several attempts at communication through the paypal provided email addresses the seller did respond 15 days after the payment had cleared saying the item had been shipped and he would get the tracking number for me. I said thank you and then waited patiently. A couple weeks went by so I kept reaching out requesting the tracking number and verification of the address he had shipped it to, but to no avail. Then finally after another 4 weeks (July 25th) his wife responded saying that the emails had been going to her junk folder and she was going to forward them on to her husband. Crickets yet again.

I actually PM'd Admin (Joey) shortly after and he said there wasn't really anything admin could do about it and that the guy hadn't had any activity since so maybe there were unforeseen personal issues, etc.

Well, the guy has been a member for more then a year, has almost 200 posts, and several positive feedback. Not the stats someone who usually scams.

Well, the guy has been a member for more then a year, has almost 200 posts, and several positive feedback. Not the stats someone who usually scams.
Well as for as I can tell he hasn't posted since June 27? Coming up on 40 days since he has posted here? Unless you know something that we the masses don't? I think you can call them hosed!

I agree it doesn't seem like the MO of a scammer (and I understand that the forum is just a device to unite parties and ultimately admin isn't responsible), but from the two responses that I HAVE received, the seller chose NOT to apologize or state their inability to complete the transaction but instead sounded very much capable. I'm just siding with the OP to help warn other potential buyers. I've already considered my funds lost and am chalking it up to experience. As anyone can tell I don't have many posts on the forum and truthfully I initially only signed up for the purpose of purchasing this headlight bezel for my car.

I hope we all turn out to be wrong and he makes good on both deals and we all have to apologize to him - - until then, we can only go on what we're being told.

In both instances the item has been reported by the seller as being shipped, but neither item has arrived after weeks of waiting!! I call BS, this is no health issue, they have been taken, and anybody that can respond after 15 days can surely respond with legitimate information and a tracking number for the items!!

In both instances the item has been reported by the seller as being shipped, but neither item has arrived after weeks of waiting!! I call BS, this is no health issue, they have been taken, and anybody that can respond after 15 days can surely respond with legitimate information and a tracking number for the items!!

X2. Someone mentioned being in contact with his wife. If he was sick, etc, she should have explained.

When someone repeatedly states " I put it in the mail" Then doesn't supply tracking info! Come on man, quit making excuses for this thief.

Just to clarify -- that was a month ago when I was first alerted to the issue.

I sold 4 different items yesterday. I have printed shipping labels, sent all four buyers tracking info, And I'm now headed to the post office! Now I realize some people don't have the ability to get things out so quick, I'm retired. but a week in most cases to furnish shipping and tracking info is more than long enough. But then that is my personality, I don't feel right holding someone elses money and their parts. This is why I jump on shipping so quick. I realize other can't do it this quick or it doesn't bother them as much.

Last edited:
I just left negative feedback for this seller also. I'm done waiting..... after hearing all this.... God forbid something bad happened to the dude, but after hearing about the other deal with tysamaks, that sealed the deal for me to leave negative feedback.

I hope all is okay with 340swinger70, and that nothing really bad happened to the dude. I hope one day I have to apologize to the guy for this and all this can get ironed out.

Just to clarify -- that was a month ago when I was first alerted to the issue.
Joey, I thought I'd go ahead and search the forum again for my bezel that I need and I noticed 340swinger70 still has items listed for sale. Maybe admin could try to contact him and put him on "notice" that if he doesn't respond to admin's requests within a set time frame then his posts will be pulled from the site and possibly his account frozen or something? I would hope that other potential buyers would read his feedback reviews before venturing into any agreements with him, but at least it would protect other users if it was possible to remove his trading posts. Ultimately I too hope he steps up and takes care of business and I will do my absolute best to keep everyone informed if I do hear back from him. Until then there's nothing more I can do...except find another part and hope the next deal turns out better.

Maybe admin could try to contact him and put him on "notice" that if he doesn't respond to admin's requests within a set time frame then his posts will be pulled from the site and possibly his account frozen or something?

He hasn't logged in to the site in 2 months. His posts were closed.

-
Back