Best Weber Progressive 2 barrel

-
That looks pretty interesting. Wonder how it runs?

Gotta call it a Thermodeuce though.

That is cool that would even work cutting that carb in half to make a progressive out of it. Engineering minds at work !!

there's no 2x 2 bbl intakes available for a slant?

what a missed opportunity.

I'm not the biggest holley fan for street tuning, but a friend of mine swears by the "economizer" 390 4 bbl for all his 318 builds.
I got the manifold but still looking for a carburetor

20200531_152615.jpg

Yes. I'm still doing research to decide between Carter or Webber. Thanks.
I have a Weber 38/38 synchronous carb. installed and it's a little overkill. The smaller Weber 32/36 is easier to tune, more practical, and better on gas. Either way, Weber recommends a fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. They only require a pressure of 2.5-3.0 psi. Just something more you have to consider.

I have a Weber 38/38 synchronous carb. installed and it's a little overkill. The smaller Weber 32/36 is easier to tune, more practical, and better on gas. Either way, Weber recommends a fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge. They only require a pressure of 2.5-3.0 psi. Just something more you have to consider.
Thanks. Sounds like good information.

Too much for what, a 225? The 38/38 is rated at 390 CFM. That's about perfect. The 32/36 is only 240 CFM. Not enough.

Too much for what, a 225? The 38/38 is rated at 390 CFM. That's about perfect. The 32/36 is only 240 CFM. Not enough.
I thought the 32/36 was 300 cfm. Anyway, the 38/38 for me and from what I read with other users, burns more than they'd like. My settings show I need 2 larger sized idle jets than what I have now because both idle mixture screws are 1 and 1/2 turns out for "my" best idle. My idle speed screw barely touches my stop lever. According to Weber I'm running to lean, and I thought I was running too rich. Go figure.

I thought the 32/36 was 300 cfm. Anyway, the 38/38 for me and from what I read with other users, burns more than they'd like. My settings show I need 2 larger sized idle jets than what I have now because both idle mixture screws are 1 and 1/2 turns out for "my" best idle. My idle speed screw barely touches my stop lever. According to Weber I'm running to lean, and I thought I was running too rich. Go figure.

No sir. I wish it was. That would put it a little closer.

Not to clutter up the topic but if you feel the urge, an Offy 2x1 manifold can be modified to take a pair of 2-barrel Webers.

brian dual webers 2.jpg
brian dual webers 3.jpg

-
Back