Better 60ft times

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
How can I improve my 60ft time My car sixty a 1.7 and it useit to 1.6 the car hooks hard that the tires were just barely off the ground. My best time was 7.78

How can I improve my 60ft time My car sixty a 1.7 and it useit to 1.6 the car hooks hard that the tires were just barely off the ground. My best time was 7.78

We need to know:
rear suspension?
front suspension?
shocks?
weight bias front to rear?
corner weights even better
converter?
launch style (foot brake, T-brake)
launch rpm?
trans?
rear gear?
tire size?
engine est. HP?
car weight?

loosen the front up, stiffen the rear. Raise your rpm launch as much as possible.
Rear tire pressure around 15lbs. More converter would help a ton...but pricey. Add as much weight to the rear as possible...full tank, 2 batteries on the pass. side, etc...

Footbrake cars can usually benefit from tuning the accellerator pump circuit. It can be squirting not enough initial volume(too small of a squirter), not long enough (too small of a pump cam), too much initially or for too long. A bigger squirter will reduce the duration of the squirt a bit because it dumps it all faster. Test at the same temps and launch rpms because that can make some difference in the results. There are some good books on Holleys that could help and have pump cam info outlining the sizes and profiles of the pump cams. It could also help to get both front and rear squirters to finish squirting at about the same time. Squirting for too long can be as bad as a bog from not long enough because the engine goes into an over-rich condition, then has to recover.

Tune the pump cam & squirters for 60' and jets for MPH.

Do you have MPH numbers with those times? The reason I ask is, it looks like you are making good 60' numbers compared to your 1/8 mile times. I think the best way to get that thing to 60' better would be to add power, or lose weight (...on the car :D).

When I went from a 300 HP 340 to a 500 HP 416 the 60' went from 1.85 to 1.66 with no other changes including the 2500 converter. Get more HP under the hood.

My next move is a looser converter for the track.

-
Back