Big block A-Body clutch stuff

-

Hemi-Cammer

Unloved classic rescuer
Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda with an F440 and A-833 non-O/D trans. I don't have all the numbers for you of the bellhousing and whatnot... The previous owner fabbed up a C-shaped bracket that mounts on the starter holes and bolts with a ballstud welded to the outer edge. It works with the Z-bar and adjustable rod and when i have all the parts the car functions great. However, i am on the hunt for all the proper little clips and bushings because my hardware is pretty worn out.
I found the stuff in the Mopar performance catalog and the dealer says he will order a couple kits even though the computer tells him theres none out there in his system. I am wondering if anyone else has ordered these kits lately and it would be better just to go through Brewers or some other supplier and get all the proper items from scratch? The catalog doesnt list big block A-body stuff and im getting pretty frustrated in my search. I also have a scattershield but i don't know if itll fit or if the right hardware could be aquired for that application too ? Anyone in here converting from a manual trans to automatic with these parts that i might be able to buy? Any help or advice is appreciated!

-
Back