Big block dyno ????

-

Demonlover440

Reaction score
I have a 1972 dodge demon.i had a 493 stroker built it dynod at crank 603 hp and 673 foot # of torque. Put t in car and then had a chasis dyno . There saying 370 horse at wheels.i am confused that can't be possible.does anyone have any answers. I have tremic tko 600 and Dana 60 373 gears.i was there when engine dyno was done everything seemed ok .another shop did chasis dyno.i have Hughes roller cam Tti headers edelbrock heads ported. 850 quick fuel carb

I have a 1972 dodge demon.i had a 493 stroker built it dynod at crank 603 hp and 673 foot # of torque. Put t in car and then had a chasis dyno . There saying 370 horse at wheels.i am confused that can't be possible.does anyone have any answers.

If it's a auto i would suspect converter slip/issues. Or possible tire slip on the dyno rollers? Also, was there a difference in the dyno header size and the in car header? Gotta tell ya, that 673 number is stout :D.

That sounds kinda funny to me.Maybe posting more info about each dyno may help find the answer.

If it's a auto i would suspect converter slip/issues. Or possible tire slip on the dyno rollers? Also, was there a difference in the dyno header size and the in car header? Gotta tell ya, that 673 number is stout :D.

If you have the dyno sheets/curves from both runs, that may reveal something? Post them if you can.

the trans and rear should eat up approximently 150hp so the chassis dyno it hurting. put a halfway sticky tire on rear, head to the 1/4 mile track, weigh it, go take a blast and do the math with the mph and weight. that will get you closer then the chassis dyno to your real wheel output.

Who dyno'd the engine? Where are the sheets for it? Those are HUGE numbers for a 493 with ported RPMs and an 850. Do you have flow numbers for the heads and the cam lift and duration?

-
Back