big block spool mount bolt size

-

69B-Cuda

Reaction score
Quick question guys, I am putting a 440 in my barracuda with the spool type motor mounts. I need to know what diameter the long bolts are that go through the mount and the k-frame. I believe the small block bolts are 1/2" dia x 5 1/2" long, are the big block ones also 1/2" or are they 9/16? I have a 9/16 drill bit that fits through the holw in the mount but it gets a bit tight and was wondering what is the right size.

Thanks!

Quick question guys, I am putting a 440 in my barracuda with the spool type motor mounts. I need to know what diameter the long bolts are that go through the mount and the k-frame. I believe the small block bolts are 1/2" dia x 5 1/2" long, are the big block ones also 1/2" or are they 9/16? I have a 9/16 drill bit that fits through the holw in the mount but it gets a bit tight and was wondering what is the right size.

Thanks!

here are the instrcutions on the spool mounts. but it looks like you use a 9/16 drill bit and the through bolts are 1/2 inch. mopar65

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/InstructionPages/73andUpV8-BRB.html

can i ask you a question is the A body bb spool mounts the same as B and C body. Im putting a bb in my 69 barracuda with spool mount k frame thanks.

Yes, any passenger car big block with spool mounts, BUT the k-member must be modified to Direct Connection specs for the engine (either an original or modified original small block k-member, won't work with a slant k) and trans to be in the right place.

-
Back