Big block water pumps

-

mopower440

Reaction score
2-3 years ago i bought the aluminum 440 source water pump for my 440 and just now ready to install it. IF i remember right, i believe i read (after i bought it) that this water pump does not flow worth a darn..? Its got the 6 curved blades..anyone had problems with it where a regular stock 6 or 8 blade impeller worked better? Its brand new and hate to not use it but if they arent worth a crap, i will buy another pump.
wp3.jpg

I just check my Procomp and Edelbrock pumps and there made the same as ur source pump. I am using the source housing and a no name brand pump on my 470 stroker with no problems. Kim

I have the same 440 source water pump, but I also bought the 440 source pump housing and I've had no issues with them.

are you guys using the big deep nose water pump pulley and single groove crank pulley?

I bought their combo package which does not seem to be listed on 440source web store anymore. Not sure what one I have so I'll post a couple of photos so you can see.
screen-shot-2016-08-22-at-9-18-42-am-png.png
screen-shot-2016-10-31-at-11-25-54-pm-png.png

Unless someone competently flow tested it, I would trust the manufacturer on the curved blades. Might be someone applied gomer-logic like "swapped water pump, car still overheated, so water pump is ...".

I bought their combo package which does not seem to be listed on 440source web store anymore. Not sure what one I have so I'll post a couple of photos so you can see.View attachment 1715375872 View attachment 1715375873

Dragonsteel, i just noticed you have a big block in your car AND what looks like a smaller 22" radiator,,what radiator is that and do you have any low rpm or idle cooling issues? I am running the original 2 row brass 22" radiator and it wants to get hot after a while of running, especially at low RPM..

-
Back