Block hugger headers

-

dartlove

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations on a set of block hugger headers. 360/408 73 dart sport.

I went with the Hedman 78500 and they seem to work alright. I kind of wish I had gone with a full long tube like Doug's. I know I'm losing a lot of power with the tight tubes...

That being said, the Hedman's were easy to slip in to install, but I did have to grind off a bit on the engine block since it was a magnum with truck mounts.

Be sure not to buy any off eBay that look symmetrical. If the left looks exactly like the right, it WILL NOT fit and will run right into the steering gear.

I went with the Hedman 78500 and they seem to work alright. I kind of wish I had gone with a full long tube like Doug's. I know I'm losing a lot of power with the tight tubes...

That being said, the Hedman's were easy to slip in to install, but I did have to grind off a bit on the engine block since it was a magnum with truck mounts.

Be sure not to buy any off eBay that look symmetrical. If the left looks exactly like the right, it WILL NOT fit and will run right into the steering gear.

Same here, I got Hedman Tight Tubes because it seemed to be the cheapest header option that would actually fit but considering the price for a set of uncoated ones and the extra time and money I had to spend fabbing downpipes that fit over the steering linkage... I wish I had just gone with some uncoated Doug's or TTIs. Where I live the climate is very dry and those raw Hedmans have held up great for the past 9 years or so.

IMO shorty "non-block-hugger" headers would be a better way to go (Sandersen?)

-
Back