Bolt in Sprag For 904 Trans

-
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a bolt in Sprag for a 904 Transmission? Don't seem to easy to come by..

Tranny is at Trans shop and they seem to be having a problem finding one, scary....

Anyone know if they have an Ultimate Sprag for the 904?
Not sure it needs it. 330 HP 360 with and 8 3/4 rear end with 488 gears..

Thanks

Sprags are already bolted or riveted into a 904 so unless it needs to be replaced there is no need. The 727s have a pressed in sprag which is why they are needed for them.

It's broke and that's why I need one. I broke the rear end a while back
and an axle and I am guessing that is when it broke. It was riveted and I
need a bolt in one. Any help would be appreciated finding one. Thanks.

Thanks for the help ABODYJOE, I was reading some past post from
07 when you were arguing between the 904 and the 727 and you seem to
know abit about these transmissions. This is the 2nd trip to tranny shop in last 15 month. 1st time was because the kickdown linkage was not adjusted right. I had it rebuilt and it was fine until I was doing
a burnout and broke the posi unit and the axle broke. I figure that is when the sprag broke. I had the tranny guy install a manual Turbo Action valve body in it the 1st time it was in the shop. As they took it apart this time the sprag seems to be the only real problem that I know of at this point. Is there anything I should have them do at this point to make this my last trip. I know things can happen and I will try and start my burnouts in 2nd gear.
The motor is a 360 with a streetable cam. The rear end is now a 8 3/4 with 488 gears. I am not push anymore than 350 HP and that is probably on the high side and it has Aluminum Heads on it. Let me know if you have any ideas on upgrading what I might need to do while at the shop so I don't have to go back. I think the shop is good but they are not the Mopar shop I would like to have like the guy you were talking about you have. Anybody else's advice will be appreciated also. Thanks.

i don't know that much about them. but i do know the thread your talking about and that a 904 will handle 450 horse no problem when put together properly.. :)

i'll have to assume that the guy knows what he is going in there and using quality parts. bolt in sprag is definatley a nice saftey device. definatley do your burn outs in 2nd gear.

You should be able to get a bolt in repair package from any Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer. I've put them in before but it's been quite awhile ago.

Like Joe said A&A or John Cope at CRT should have what you need. to be a little more at piece of mind use a low band apply valve body along with 2nd gear starts for the burn outs

I appreciate all the help. It was delivered to the trans shop today from
A&A. Thanks again....

-
Back