Bolts

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Let talk bolts shall we?

Im putting my front suspension back together and realized I still have old bolts. Im talking about K Frame, LCA, Spindle, Caliper and backing plate bolts and any of them I missed. Does anyone know off hand the sizes of these bolts from a 74 Disc set up?

Is reusing these bolts a problem?

Is reusing these bolts a problem?

as long as they are in good shape, they will be fine, you can buy new ones if you need to, as alot of places carry them.

advance has alot of them, and yes you can get them at a hardware store as well.

Cool thats what I was looking for was a source for the new bolts. Some may be ok to use but I figure with everything up front new then new bolts should be too.

If you are going to the hardware store make sure you get Grade 8 fasteners and not the typical Grade 3 or 5 that are in the bins.

That link was great too bad they dont have sizes there prices are hight IMO. If they had the sizes I could get that and buy local at the hardware store.

Lots of farm stors have a whole section of grade 8 bolts and nylocknuts to go with them.

I would clean and re-use most of what you can,better made steel back then.Thats just me though.:-DBuying new bolts will add up quick and can be costly,money can be used for more needed parts,such as new seals.Hint,hint.LOL

P.S I keep a bolt bucket from previous stripped cars.I keep all plugs,clips,brackets and such $$$

Yeah Scott I have the bolts bagged and tagged. Not sure if I have them all. Should I grease or lube these before I install? Or loc tite?

If the old bolts are bad, then replace, if not, clean and reuse.

My K frame bolts look ok. I was hoping someone had a size chart or a good refrence to find the sizes so I know what goes where.

My K frame bolts look ok. I was hoping someone had a size chart or a good refrence to find the sizes so I know what goes where.
Bagged and tagged means writing on the bag where they belong too.LOL.Clean a many as you can with a wirewheel then use antiseize as mentioned.Good luck.:clock:

P.S How,s the paint look today?

Bagged and tagged means writing on the bag where they belong too.LOL.Clean a many as you can with a wirewheel then use antiseize as mentioned.Good luck.:clock:

P.S How,s the paint look today?

I dont know i havent been home Im at work. But yes bagged and tagged means that but I put some of the bolts in the same bag.

-
Back