Booster and Master Cylinder Disc Conversion 1967 Barracuda

-

msmrinc

Reaction score
I've got a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda 273. Came factory drum all around. I've swapped the front to a Mopar A Body factory disc conversion using components from a 1973 Plymouth Duster. Swap went great, did the suspension rebuild right away, all fit great. Put an 8 3/4 rear with disc conversion also. So I'm looking at discs at all 4 corners. Currently ordering parts to finish the brakes (stainless brake lines, hoses, clips, rear hose tee, etc from Inline Tube). The last couple parts I need are the booster and master cylinder. I know the Cardone 54-76101 Mopar reman booster seem to fit nicely, but they're unavailable now. I've found the exact same booster from BrakeBest, same part number, and it's actually available at $123.99. Here's the rub, the website says it'll fit a 1973 Plymouth Duster, but says it won't fit a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda. Both are Mopar A Bodies, did the firewall change between 67 and 73? Just don't wanna buy the wrong booster and find it doesn't bolt up.

Last edited:
It'll fit just fine, the 67 had a 7 or 7-1/4" booster and that is what they have on file, but the later bigger booster fits with no issues. You will need all the brackets for the later booster though...

Got this for my 68 and fit great. Also found the support brackets from a member here. 4 wheel disc. Haven’t ran it yet, still putting her back together.

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1717.png

IMG_1716.png

IMG_1862.jpeg

The bracket on last post goes to firewall with that spacer and small bracket goes to inner fender.
Hope this helps.

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg

The bracket on last post goes to firewall with that spacer and small bracket goes to inner fender.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 1716301467

View attachment 1716301468

View attachment 1716301469
Thanks so much, very helpful. Last question (I promise); the firewall where the bracket mounts has an odd-shaped opening, sort of a rhombus type shape, but the rubber boot included with that booster we bought is a circle, did you attach a plate between the booster bracket and the firewall? Creating a round opening to accommodate the round weather boot? I'd PM you, but this site keeps telling me I'm out of messages (15).

I made on of these with a round hole. So the round boot fit nice and snug.
Ask as many questions as you want. If it wasn’t for this site all all the people I would have never been able to build my car. And I’m still learning and making mistakes. LOL

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_1781.png

I made on of these with a round hole. So the round boot fit nice and snug.
Ask as many questions as you want. If it wasn’t for this site all all the people I would have never been able to build my car. And I’m still learning and making mistakes. LOL

View attachment 1716301532

View attachment 1716301533
First off, thanks so much. Second, yes, you're 100% spot on; without this site (and a few others), I'd be totally lost. Love cars, love to work on em, but I'm no pro, and I have no local talent to ask for input or help, so I'm a total internet junkie for help. Crazier still, I bought this 67 Barracuda back in 2011, tore her completely down to a shell, worked on it for a couple years, then we moved across the country. It's been sitting about a decade. Talk about daunting! Thanks again man.

Wow that’s coming out nice. Mine was already painted (mediocre) at best. so I went backwards, underneath was a mess so I just undercoated it and called it good. Looks like ur doing way better. Good job!

-
Back