Borgeson Mopar Steering Shaft Coupler

-

Axiom

Reaction score
Borgeson Mopar Steering Shaft Coupler

I'm looking at picking this coupler up to replace the horrid stock coupler on my 68 Dart. The description on the Borgeson website states that it fits the stock column with the Borgeson PS box. Will this coupler still work with a stock PS box? I'm assuming the Borgeson box is the same as the stock or reman'd units from A1 Cardone for example?

Thanks

They're not the same as stock, but not that hard to adapt, either.

On my '62 Valiant V8 conversion, I only had to shorten the steering shaft a little bit and weld up a hole in the shaft into which a rolled pin had gone.

Just make sure you buy the correct diameter Borgeson coupler with the right ends.

It gave me a lot more clearance between the exhaust manifold and the steering coupler, plus it is a lot more positive than the old rag box coupler.

Speedway Motors has this one, my buddy and I used it and it works awesome, alot cheaper too

View attachment 91032273_L_15813da8.jpg

Part # 91032273
Sweet Mfg
$49.99

Sweet Mfg. Steering U-Joint, .620-36 Spline to 3/4 In Round, Chrysler
Click image to enlarge
DetailsReviewsQ & A
Dont jeopardize your safety with inferior quality steering components. Speedway offers only the finest steering U-joints available. Made by Sweet Manufacturing. These steering universal joints have a 3/4" round weld-on end.

Full compliment bearings
Forged Vanadium steel yokes and u-joint
Highest quality for racing or street
Features needle bearing u-joints
.620"-36 Spline
Learn more about u-joints and steering systems by reading our tech article. U-Joint Selection and Design.

Item Details

Chrysler
.620"-36 Spline
Application

Borgeson does make a u-joint coupler for the stock column & stock box. I'd give them a call.

Good thing I checked first.

I'll give Borgeson a call and check out that Speedway Motors coupler.

Thanks!

Speedway Motors has this one, my buddy and I used it and it works awesome, alot cheaper too

View attachment 1714874503

Part # 91032273
Sweet Mfg
$49.99

Sweet Mfg. Steering U-Joint, .620-36 Spline to 3/4 In Round, Chrysler
Click image to enlarge
DetailsReviewsQ & A
Dont jeopardize your safety with inferior quality steering components. Speedway offers only the finest steering U-joints available. Made by Sweet Manufacturing. These steering universal joints have a 3/4" round weld-on end.

Full compliment bearings
Forged Vanadium steel yokes and u-joint
Highest quality for racing or street
Features needle bearing u-joints
.620"-36 Spline
Learn more about u-joints and steering systems by reading our tech article. U-Joint Selection and Design.

Item Details

Chrysler
.620"-36 Spline
Application
What steering box did you use this part on? My stock coupler hits the header and this would work great

-
Back