Bought a "Halotron" fire extinguisher for the Cuda

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Less mess....but I'll still keep my ABC extinguisher probably in the trunk...just in case...

image0dfdf00001.jpg

Now.....where to mount it...!
I know it needs to be CLOSE at hand....

Jeff

I need to buy an extinguisher for my car too. What about mounting it behind the driver's seat against the rear floorboard, so you can reach it quickly?

I need to buy an extinguisher for my car too. What about mounting it behind the driver's seat against the rear floorboard, so you can reach it quickly?
I "think" I'm gonna make a bracket that attaches to the two front seat mount bolts...
No holes to drill or anything like that, and VERY close at hand:thumbsup:

Jeff

I’m guessing from the name that it’s a Halon type extinguisher?

I know the dry chemical extinguishers make a huge mess.

Halon type is the way to go because that powder is a mess! It also is hard to remove some of it, if I recall correctly.
Something to watch out for: My partner and I were driving through the pits at the track. Fuel leaked and started a fire. By the time we stopped and got our halon bottle out, several well meaning racers had lifted the hood and shot powder at it. We could've snuffed it out with no mess. It was a small fire with a HUGE mess because of the powder.
Moral: Make sure you get the right kind of help!

P.S. I have no idea what I did to get these italics, or whatever it is. Damned computers.

-
Back