BPE Kickdown linkage

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
Installed the Bouchillion performance kickdown linkage and have a question about the adjustment at carb. In the instructions is states "At wide open throttle, THROTTLE VALVE LEVER on transmission must move rearward against stop." So I set it up this way, however, when the carb throttle lever is at idle position the throttle valve lever on the transmission is slightly open (like not at rest and has a bit of tension). Is this a normal condition? Or will damage occur?

From my experience, the lever movement on the transmission seems to do almost nothing from the resting position to about half way through the travel. It is from the half way point to the end where I have noticed the internal spring tension/resistance. Being a little off of the fully closed position should be fine. A test drive should reveal any troubles.
Look at it this way.....With no kickdown linkage or cable, the Fully closed position delivers soft upshifts at low speeds. A KD lever wired to stay at full open gives harder upshifts at higher rpms.

Installed the Bouchillion performance kickdown linkage and have a question about the adjustment at carb. In the instructions is states "At wide open throttle, THROTTLE VALVE LEVER on transmission must move rearward against stop." So I set it up this way, however, when the carb throttle lever is at idle position the throttle valve lever on the transmission is slightly open (like not at rest and has a bit of tension). Is this a normal condition? Or will damage occur?
It likely will not cause a problem, except it may raise your lift foot upshifts. The main issue with the KD lever is it MUST move to full position when the throttle is opened wide, and return when closed. Having it a bit open at idle is not going to be a real issue.

-
Back