Brad Keselowski

-

YY1

Reaction score
Watching Daytona, and this has had me thinking for quite a while...

Why does the ticker/crawler that shows track position have Brad's full name?

There's no one else named Keselowski in the series, right?

Even the bush brothers, that even have the same first initial (and a MUCH shorter last name) don't get their full names on the crawler.

Thought i'd post here as FABO seems to have a fair share on NASCAR fans.

I don't think it's a "reigning champ" thing, as it's been loike that pretty much since BK started.

They do that if you have a relative, or someone with the same last name, racing anywhere in NASCAR. Brad's brother, Brian, and his Dad, Bob are currently active in NASCAR. Sometimes you'll see just a first initial...that means the relative or namesake has a diiferent first name, ie M.ike Wallace and D.arrel Wallace...not related, but still have same last name, so they use their 1st initial.

Clear as mud???

Watching Daytona, and this has had me thinking for quite a while...

Why does the ticker/crawler that shows track position have Brad's full name?

There's no one else named Keselowski in the series, right?

Even the bush brothers, that even have the same first initial (and a MUCH shorter last name) don't get their full names on the crawler.

Thought i'd post here as FABO seems to have a fair share on NASCAR fans.

I don't think it's a "reigning champ" thing, as it's been loike that pretty much since BK started.

Ummmm..... I don't know. Even worse, I don't give a darn. Since they went to "spec car racing", I lost interest.
I actually went from attending 6 races a year to not even watching it on TV any more.

Still go to the drag strip quite a bit, though, and still attend a number of NHRA national events, including the Southern Nationals and the Gatornats.

They do that if you have a relative, or someone with the same last name, racing anywhere in NASCAR. Brad's brother, Brian, and his Dad, Bob are currently active in NASCAR. Sometimes you'll see just a first initial...that means the relative or namesake has a diiferent first name, ie M.ike Wallace and D.arrel Wallace...not related, but still have same last name, so they use their 1st initial.

Clear as mud???

That's waht I thoght at first, but

1- brother is in a different series.
2- that doesn't explain the FULL name
Labonte's get T and B
Bush brothers get just enough caharters to identify KU and KY
3- it's been that way since he enterd the series, so that nixes the defending champ theory.

That's waht I thoght at first, but

1- brother is in a different series.

if he's in Nascar. theoretically he could drive in the big ones.
2- that doesn't explain the FULL name
Labonte's get T and B
Bush brothers get just enough caharters to identify KU and KY
If his other relatives all start with 'B' then that lets out the Labonte explanantion (obviously) and if his name's Brad and his brother's name is Brian then they'd have to use 'BRA' or 'BRD' and 'BRI' for Brad and Brian. If you have to use 'BRD' you might as well just use 'Brad'.

my $.03 Cdn lol.

if he's in Nascar. theoretically he could drive in the big ones.

If his other relatives all start with 'B' then that lets out the Labonte explanantion (obviously) and if his name's Brad and his brother's name is Brian then they'd have to use 'BRA' or 'BRD' and 'BRI' for Brad and Brian. If you have to use 'BRD' you might as well just use 'Brad'.

my $.03 Cdn lol.

Exactly.

Brian drove a Dodge in the Daytona 500 last year, or the year before, and finished high in a 125 qualifying race when he teamed up with Brad. He drove a Toyota in at least one race earlier this year, and tried to qualify in others, so I suppose TV is just using the names as they were set up in their files. Brian also has at least one Ford, and has a couple of young drivers running his equipment when he can afford it.

Brian drove a Dodge in the Daytona 500 last year, or the year before, and finished high in a 125 qualifying race when he teamed up with Brad. He drove a Toyota in at least one race earlier this year, and tried to qualify in others, so I suppose TV is just using the names as they were set up in their files. Brian also has at least one Ford, and has a couple of young drivers running his equipment when he can afford it.

Bob Keselowski, the dad, could step into a racecar at anytime, any NASCAR-anctioned race and run, so they are still considered "active" drivers, therefore, they have to use the full names, as 95teetee stated above.

"B.Keselowski" doesn't cover it.

So for the three letters for Brian and Brad (not even really in the same series), why then don't they just spell out the last 2 letters each in Kurt and Kyle (in almost every race together)?

So for the three letters for Brian and Brad (not even really in the same series), why then don't they just spell out the last 2 letters each in Kurt and Kyle (in almost every race together)?

Kurt is "Ku" and Kyle is "Ky".

Those are the first two letters.

So, my logic was:

If it's "not that big a deal" to put up the "d" (or the ian), for a guy that almost never, if ever races in the same series as his relatives, then can it be that much more trouble to put up the "le" and "rt" for the brothers that race nearly every race together?

-
Back