Broke my speedometer cable Help

-
that looks correct-- didn't know they had that style -- plus that is cheap!! all you have to do is swap the plastic speedo gear & put it on the new cable. Lawrence

Thank you Lawrence that is what I was thinking. They have several different lengths do you by chance know what length I might need I was unable to find that?

Ok well I found out that it is a Ford style speedo cable. I went ahead and got on because I agree it sure looks right. I will measure the diameters before I try and fit it but I have my fingers crossed.

if that works --- it will sure kill the spare parts guys-- those replacement cables are hard to find --especially when needed. Lawrence

VDART I wish it did. It did not work. The end nub was to long to secure the gear. I did fix it though. You are going to love this. Using the existing housing I was able to cut 2-3 inches out of it and remove the broken cable. I then found a drill bit the right diameter of the cable and carefully drilled into the housing that goes into the transmission. I did this to shave back the crimps. After that I was able to get the cable back into the housing and used a spark plug crimping tool to crimp the housing. Worked like a champ. I then used the replacement core you cut yourself.

great idea!! did you happen to take any pictures? Lawrence

I am sorry I did not think to take any pictures but there was not much to photo. What I did was remove the transmission side and the cut the housing BUT I was thinking you may be able to remove the nub without cutting. Then I just pulled the tangle out. After that I drilled into the crimped end of the nub and then slid everything back together and crimped again.

-
Back