bucket seat mounting

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
whats the area between the mounting studs on a late a body for bucket seats? like in my 75 scamp. i am looking at putting buckets in it from a bench seat

you'll need 75/76 "only" bucket seat tracks due to the floor hump on the driver side for the catilytic converter. Should be 4 dimples in the floor marking the locations for the track mounting holes. The outer two will be just inside the bench seat mounting holes and the other two can be found by going straight in towards the hump from them till you find the dimples in the floor.

o sweet thanks. my car has no cats and didnt come with any so will it have the hump? i am thinkin about retro fitting some other buckets into it but dont want a bunch of holes in my floor for when i put the correct seats in

As said, there will be 4 dimples and all you have to do is drill them out. Also the factory installed a square piece of like 1/8" metal around each hole for extra support in original bucket seat cars.

You sure on the no cats when new? I thought they all got em 75 and up...but if not I imagine the floor still had the hump. It will be pretty obvious if it has it. The inner plates should be around 3"x4", give or take, and welded in on the top of the pan.

i will look to see if there is a hump. the emissions label if i remember right didnt say cats. and there were none when i got it. it was truley a grandma car so i doubt she took them off lol. i will check tho. i sure hope for emissions i dont need them lol

-
Back