Bucket seat track repair, and a question

-

DionR

Reaction score
Snagged a set of buckets out of a 74 Valiant 4 door for my Duster and I have a couple of questions.

First, I know the seats wont fold, but that is fixable.

My questions relate to the tracks.

One of them needs a roller guide, the plastic guide that keeps the roller aligned between the two parts of the track so it moves smoothly when you slide the seat foward or back. I snagged a set of tracks from a pickup and ripped one apart for the rollers and guides, but they aren't the same. The roller on the truck guide is a larger diameter, but the same length. It appears the plastic guide would work with the original roller, but it's not quite right and I was wondering if anyone would know where to get new parts?

The other question is do I need the round aluminum spacers that are on the back of the tracks, between the floor and tracks? Was that a 4 door thing? I had some 70 Duster buckets in the car when I sold it and they didn't have any spacers. Not a big deal, easy enough to figure out, but thought I would ask.

Thanks.

Just an update.

Never did find a place to buy new seat track guides, but I did discover that F-Body seat tracks use the same guides as the A-Body ones I have. As best I can tell, anyway. I think I got mine out of an '80 Volare Station Wagon, for what it's worth.

-
Back