-
Status
Not open for further replies.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a complete 8 3/4 rear axle housing from a c-body to shorten for my Duster. Will consider whole parts car also. Prefer Nh, Mass area unless you can ship cheap.

I have an early C-Body 8 3/4 housing here which is the same dimensions as a 70-74 Cuda or Challenger price is $50 plus shipping PM me

Hi Torrecuda, I have a 66 GTX rear housing without axles that would be perfect for your narrowed project since you will need to get shorter axles anyway. I have third members and brakes that can go with it if you need. This rear is very close to the original A-body specs and can be used as a swap option without narrowing. Unless however you want a pro street or race car. I have a 355 Hillbilly spool available if you want to go that route. I also have complete B and E-body housings that are complete as well. Give me your contact info and I can send pics or measurements, etc. David

Looking for a complete 8 3/4 rear axle housing from a c-body to shorten for my Duster. Will consider whole parts car also. Prefer Nh, Mass area unless you can ship cheap.

Appreciate the offers but I`d really like a complete rear- housing, axles, backing plates and drums. It NEEDS to be from a C(later) or D body, truck or van so I can easliy shorten the housing and axles to the length I need.

Exactly what length do you need? Any 66-70 B Body rear will bolt right into a Duster and fit it better than the original A Body rear will? Why go through the hassle of having one narrowed?

The car is already mini tubbed so if I use a stock width rear or a wider b-body rear I would need custom backspaced wheels to fill up the wheelwells. If I shorten one I can use stock offset wheels which greatly increase my selection of used ones.

Ah, gotcha. You should still post the exact width you are wanting to end up with. I'm sure there are quite a few narrowed housings floating around out there already. Good luck!

I have a complete C-body 8 3/4 housing, differential, axles, backing plates, and brake drums. Came out of working car. In nice shape. Sell you everything minus the center differential for $200.00 If you want the differential it would be different price.

Thnks,

Wizard

Be careful...a lot of C-body axles can't be shortened.(to A-body spec that is) I have one here for my 68 Dart and the axles neck down where the splines need to be.

yeah I've seen that a lot... truck 8&3/4 is the best way to go....also c body wagon.
some years of imperial have a different bolt pattern.

Hi Torrecuda, I have a 66 GTX rear housing without axles that would be perfect for your narrowed project since you will need to get shorter axles anyway. I have third members and brakes that can go with it if you need. This rear is very close to the original A-body specs and can be used as a swap option without narrowing. Unless however you want a pro street or race car. I have a 355 Hillbilly spool available if you want to go that route. I also have complete B and E-body housings that are complete as well. Give me your contact info and I can send pics or measurements, etc. David

How about a Dana 60 ???? I have a Dana 60 that is already narrowed. Its 41" long. A stock A-body is 57.5. This Dana is complete with 4:56 gears, Strange spool and axles. Billstein disc brake mounts and rotors. I do not have the calipers. Let me know if this would work for you.

I've got a '71 C body wagon complete but I cut the ebrake cables. Still has the chuck but I'd like to retain that as I'm running short on them. I'm in CT - it's about 2hrs south from Manchester NH. PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back