Calling all original Console Tach Owners

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

In preparation of my console base part coming back from the manufacturer, I wanted to make a 3D printed template to positively locate the mounting holes on the console.

If your tach is off the console then one measurement would be needed.

If you tach is still mounted than another measurement would work.

Red is from rear most part of the rear most mounting hole to the first lip in the plate. (Not the C/L of the mounting hole)

Magenta is to the bottom of the rear most part of the plate.

Screenshot_20240618-170116~2.png

If the tach is mounted than from the same two plate spots but to the rear most part of the tach base. Most likely one of the bat ears.

Mostly I'm trying to understand if the factory used a template to locate the holes so they all should be VERY close in dimension to each other or if they were drilled more freehand by an installer in a "that looks about right" fashion

Thanks all.

Dana.

I doubt they left it up to chance and guess. Even with a template they will vary some.

B-body's are marked underneath when they cast the console top.

I would think that the top plate was preped using a template and would have been done on a sub assembly line.

I have an oem loaner 69 plate (thanks @killerslant) the holes look like they were done with dull tools. Thanks factory!

But they lineup really well with the OEM base and tach housing post and spring.

I did discover the top plates have a slight curve left to right. I thought they were flat!

Requiring a slight redesign of the base bottom.

My first metal prototype is on its way so I'll see if the curvature makes a difference.

Just to have it documented....

The large nut on the console tach is 5/8" - 18

Dart Console Tachometer
Barracuda Console Tachometer

-
Back