cam

-

pittman445

live-fast,die-slow.
Reaction score
is there a /6 cam i can buy to get that over lap loby sound ? and if so do you know where i can get it ? and do i need to do any thing eals to the motor to put it in ? like push rods ect?

i will have my headers on the 4th the same day the world may end haha. but i need some info ........please.... if not anywhere i will just have to hope it sounds cool with just the headers.

thanx for your help . :naka:

As far as special equipment to go with your cam...unless it's a really radical grind, your adjusters on the rocker arms will be able to make it work with the stock pushrods. As far as cam selection...I'd suggest a trip over to www.slantsix.org and check out the group buy they have arranged with Erson...quite a deal, and someone will be able to point you to an appropriate grind. For some reason, I'm thinking the 264 might be what you need, but it'd be best to check the specs.

definatley go with the Erson group cam buy. There are a few different cam profile and the cost is unbeatable. Go to slantsix.org and use the search function.

The Erson 270 grind is a good allaround choice for mostly street and a few trips to the track. You still get great gas milage and good drivabilty even in winter(up north).
My02
Frank

Here is the Erson Cam group buy link. I'll be going with a 270/280 grind myself. It comes highly recommended from several guys with a lot of slant six cred.

Comp makes a pair of mech cams for the /6. The most radical is a 260 degree .440 lift. They claim a smooth idle for both.

Mopar Performance has a more radical cam in P4529342 (268 deg, .460 lift). This P/N includes lifters. The also recommend a stiffer spring with this cam, P4120249

If you can find one, the HyperPak cam was 276/268 deg, .430 lift.

Of the production pieces, the 71-77 mech cam was the hottest. (244 deg, .406/.414 lift, p/n 2806 211)

The people suggesting the Mopar Performance cam are forgetting one thing. They are not available from Mopar, any more. They have all been discontinued. They do show up "online" every so often, but usually at a higher price then a new Erson (which is a more modern profile).

-
Back