Can anyone give me the thread depth on a edelbrock intake?

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
can anyone that has a edelbrock performer intake measure the thread depth of the carb mounting holes? Thanks for any help. Need to know how long of studs i need without having to pull the carb off

Thanks mopar but i meant i need to know how long of studs i need to fully thread into the intake, im looking at buying a carb heat shield and spacer and studs will make it 100% easier to locate everything plus the three gaskets. I will be screwing tge studs all the way in and then using nuts to hold everything

Thanks mopar but i meant i need to know how long of studs i need to fully thread into the intake, im looking at buying a carb heat shield and spacer and studs will make it 100% easier to locate everything plus the three gaskets. I will be screwing tge studs all the way in and then using nuts to hold everything
3/8 of bottom thread for the carb mounting side is plenty....how thick the spacer is, plus heat shield, plus gaskets, plus around 7/16 for the carbs base plate...then figure the nut, washer...and get some that are about 4 threads longer than all those added up. Good luck

Right but i want to be able to thread the studs all the way into the intake then set everything down on it.

Just checked a Performer I have. Holes about 5/8" deep, but threading a bolt in by hand, they start to get tight after 3/8" deep. You'll need a 'bottom' tap if you want to go deeper.

Hmm so just finger tighten them and then put carb spacer etc on then torque the nuts to spec?

Apply small amount of pipe dope or blue thread lock to the threads and wipe up excess. Pretty annoying when you go to tighten or loosen and the stud moves instead.

They very in depth, but its carburetor and we aren't torqing it 40 lbs.
bottome thread of 3/8 or so long, idk, and a top thread, shoulder space included , of however thick the forementioned items plus carb and 4 threads is good.

Just buy under "carburetor mount studs" and choose 2 " long.

Pretty simple. Get all your parts first, set them on top of the intake, and then measure.

-
Back