Heads-Not sure what kind but not aluminum
10-1 comparison
Flat Top positions
Big Mutha Thumpr Cam
High rise intake
Not sure carb yet but a 4bbr
Duel cool air induction
3in Flow Masters

256.795 h.p at the crank, 192.349214 h.p at the rear wheels!. there is no guess, as you do not even have carb size listed. that is a big ?

256.795 h.p at the crank, 192.349214 h.p at the rear wheels!. there is no guess, as you do not even have carb size listed. that is a big ?
I think you are close......but might be closer to 257.799 at the crank.......

^^^^^ uh, no, that figure i gave is not a stock 318 h.p rating smarty!. lol

yes, it is. he is asking a question that no one can answer. if he is looking for an estimate, well, i think my butt dyno is dialed in very well, and within .07 h.p of a mustang dyno. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so, therefore, it leads me to believe that my numbers are correct

and dartt, the butt dyno does not lie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What HP do you think the motor I am planing on building will have

Block-318
10-1 comparison
Flat Top positions
Big Mutha Thumpr Cam
High rise intake
Duel cool air induction
3in Flow Masters

Flat top positions? Is that in the Kama sutra book?
I'd use a 3/4 cam, they are 25% cheaper than a full cam. As for horse power you should be somewhere between 1 and 750 horses

Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy, here we go, LOL!

To the thread starter, you have given no useful info to help yourself or us with. As if the replies were not indicative enuff.

Come on back and lets start this from the top!

Block-318

Come on back with casting numbers and valve sizes.

10-1 comparison,Flat Top positions

Are you sure about this or are you pipe dreaming of a build.

If your pipe dreaming, I suggest desk top dyno sim. to use as a item of learning and discovery. And no matter what, use a dual plane setting for the intake.

Big Mutha Thumpr Cam

There's 3 to choose from, which one?

High rise intake

There's several high rise intakes. Name the maker and style along with the name of the intake if possible

A 4bbl is properly size to the above (UN) known parts.

Duel cool air induction

I have no idea what that is. You'll have to explain it to us.

3in Flow Masters

There are many kinds of flow masters, which ones are you looking at?

I'm not breaking your balls here but clearly you have no idea at what to ask or what your doing. There are several good books to choose from. How to Hot Rod my Small Block MoPar is a great start. Have at the book first and become enlightened.

We'll be here to help.

Since you have no idea, then we have even less of an idea.

What is it you want the 318 to do? How fast? For what purpose of driving? There's a step above stock, enhanced, HP, very HP as in street strip, light race, full race drag with no issue on spending thousandths of dollars on heads alone.

Ya gotta help us out just a bit bro.

What car? trans? rear? weight? options?

Well its going to be a daily diver I want is loud *** hell and some get up and go

Will have a 318 block and 727 tranny
8 1/4 rear or ford 9in rear

Edelbrock Performer Dual Plane Aluminum
Holly 600 carb
Keith Black pistons Flat Top
10-1 Compression
Stock heads ported
Hooker headers 3in
Flow master 3in muffler 40 series

you win? is that what you wanted? or did you want to start crap with me? I said earlier in the thread maybe he would like some advice and guidance

this is what I am looking for

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-SxZ4l_Us&list=LLHYkLDlL6jm3hidXdg7avPQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video"]Mopar 318 SB with mild cam and open headers - YouTube[/ame]

Stock Bottom end, 318 Heads, P4452992AE Mopar performance perf cam kit. Double roller timing chain, hedman headers, dual plane intake, holley 650 mechanical secondaries,

This cam:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-4452992AE/

all here:

FWIW, mine sounds just as good, stock 73 318 bottom end and heads (never touched since 73) ld4b intake, edelbrock 600cfm carb, 340 cam, and headers. Goes pretty good but still not that fast, I'm guessing low 15's high 14s with 3.23 gears and 275/60/15 tires in the 1/4.

Higher comp, bigger cam and better gears and id think you would get low to mid 14s.

Check this build out if you haven't allready:
http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0304_318_small_block_build/

-
Back