Can you say Bugatti Veyron ! 4 times !

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I had to deliver a new Range Rover to Sun Valley today and I stopped in to visit a friend that owns the Sun Valley Auto Club. He helps put on a road rallye each year and these were a few of the cars at his shop.

Here is my son Cuda and his girlfriend in front of one of the Veyrons....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 231
1200 HP ! Dave got to drive it ! Said he was still shaking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 248
There were 4 in town for the rallye as well as a BUTLOAD of other exotics including GT40s , 911 GT2 RS's , GT3 RS's , R8 RS Audis , Bentley GT , 69 Dukes Charger with BIG Hemi on nitrous....and the list goes on !

For 2500 per run donation the the Drug Coalition these guys get to run thier cars flat out and the Sherriff radars them !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 230
Here is a 65 or 66 Shelby GT350 conv. Supercharged car that Dave owns...believed to be 1 of 1 . It is in the showroom...not running the rallye.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 229
That model was one if six,non supercharged. That alone,awesome.

That model was one if six,non supercharged. That alone,awesome.

Thats what Dave thought when he saw it. He asked if it was real and the guy produced documentation from Ford. It was a special order from the factory and stipulated "No Warranty Implied" ! Dave asked if he would sell it . The guy said yes...but it wont be cheap ! Dave thought the number seemed to be very reasonable.

He just happened to be delivering a car to the guys Hanger at the SV airport.

It had been in that hanger for many years.

rich, just like the town. did you see any locals.

I don't care how fast and expensive the damn things are, I think they're ugly as ugly gets.

You probably don't wanna know what I think of the name.

rich, just like the town. did you see any locals.

Yeah... I recognized a few cars on the road that I know the owners of.. An Audi rs8 and, a GT40 . Dave is a local...the Bugattis were shipped in by Porsche/VW who owns Bugatti. We are the Porsche dealer and brought a few cars up.

Last year we had a Panamara Turbo go 183 mph with 4 guys in it ! Tom said it was a rush...

I don't care how fast and expensive the damn things are, I think they're ugly as ugly gets.

I used to think that too. But in real life they are well proportioned and look great ! Much smaller than I thought they were from pics.

thats what i was thinkin. paying all that money for all that UGLINESS!

those things really dont tickle my fancy.

I used to think that too. But in real life they are well proportioned and look great ! Much smaller than I thought they were from pics.

Excellent topic & pics mbaird. thx added.

??? as I am an ' old lead fumes sniffing racer ' (memory challenged)???

The Veyron GSV Convertible set a new 'CONVERTIBLE' record at 258.13 mph at nurburgring?

In parting, I do not give a flying good God D--n about inference
specific innuendo ...

Any validation of the Car culture is a plus at this juncture...

There were 4 in town for the rallye as well as a BUTLOAD of other exotics including GT40s , 911 GT2 RS's , GT3 RS's , R8 RS Audis , Bentley GT , 69 Dukes Charger with BIG Hemi on nitrous....and the list goes on !

For 2500 per run donation the the Drug Coalition these guys get to run thier cars flat out and the Sherriff radars them !

Awesome post! That would be great to have the $$$ to donate and have a car like that to run flat out. Mine would be a modified SRT8! :mrgreen:
Dallas

yep, the only reason they're that fast is so people don't have to look at them very long.
Or they're trying to get away from their own ugliness, either way.

edit- wait, mbaird- your son's name is really Cuda?

Yeah. For that money, I could make a couple mopars run just as fast with some pocket change left over! Lol

Or a modest garage filled with several mopars and all the tools you could imagine, not to mention the house that goes with the garage. I know it takes all kinds to make this world go round but man, for 2.5 million I could do a whole lot more.

I read this article on motortrend about the GS and just the cost of the tires and wheels astounded me

Michelin will only allow two sets of tires -- they cost about $42,000 a set -- be fitted to the Veyron before the rims -- $69,000 a set -- also have to be replaced to ensure the integrity of the bead seal at high speed.

I think I'll pass. Cool to see them run the coarse and would be impressive to see one really get into it with out question, but myself, personally, just couldn't do it.

I like the thing......whatever it is. lol It's cool and it's FAST. But I must admit, while I am glad to see stuff like this, that can only help the hobby overall, there's still nothing like having to tighten up nuts and bolts over time because the lope from a hot cam keeps makin um come loose. lol

They are a car you have to see in person to understand the ugly.

Very cool cars for sure. There was a thief, I mean business man in Indy that bought one with his clients money he borrowed without asking. Seen the car at car showi ws ask to bring my Prowler to.

No matter what you think of the looks when you see the details, got to appreciate the car

No matter what you think of the looks when you see the details, got to appreciate the car

Sorry, but I don't.

I have to tell you ------if I was to come into some money, and it was no object, I'd never own one. Ever.

Now there ARE and HAVE been and probably will be again, fast, expensive, exotic cars that I do appreciate.

-
Back