cant find a Intermediate Steering Shaft

-

roaddevil

Reaction score
hi i looking for a intermediate Steeringshaft coupler for my 66 cuda but cant find one.
At amazone they say it want fit, is this true? i thought they was all the same?
this is the link and the pic:
31Iy17WWqBL._SS500_.jpg
and this is the link
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TYS9XC?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325"]Dorman 425-253 Intermediate Steering Shaft : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

what you think does it fit or not ?

I learned in this forum couple years ago There is a difference in early A box couplings.
I dont remember if or where that member got a kit.

yes after a hour of googling i found this out to:-(

same thing ,jam it in ,it aint rite but hey ho

I used the kit pictured above for my 65. I didn't replace the pin, but had the column completely torn down and installed the seal and clamp from the top. Worked very well.

Wish I had seen that site before I put the orange seal kit in my 65 Dart. I recall re-using my original shoes inside because they looked fine and beefier. I had a lot of trouble getting the new cover plate to clip on, using my wife's hands as well as C-clamps. I ended up tearing the new silcone seal which pi$$ed me, so I wrapped it with red self-fusing silicone tape. I later found I should have re-used my metal cover since it is fits much better.

If taking apart the cabin end, so you have the steering shaft isolated, you don't need to press out the pin on the end to install the new seal. Nice time to remove rust and repaint everything.

-
Back