Can't have a Mopar?

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Here is a hypothetical question that may get me lynched around here. If you COULD NOT have a Mopar and had to choose another lessor muscle car what would you have? I'm asking because I think most Mopar loyalists like them because they are not Camaros or Mustangs. Mopars are not only awesome but not as common. Camaro's and Mustangs are like rectums, everyone has one and I'm betting they will not be a popular response. I will always stick with Mopar but if I had to, here are my choices for Generous Motors and Ford. 66 Nova SS or a 65 Cyclone.

RESULTS AFTER 84 POSTS

1)Ford Mustangs mostly Boss 429 or 428 SCJ

2)Chev Camero
AMC Rebal Machine
Chevell SS

3)Olds 442

4)Ford Fairlane, comet, cyclone
Chev Corvette

5)AMC Scrambler
AMC Javelin
Buick GSX
Pontiac GTO

I'm surprised and stand corrected. The Camero's and Mustangs did better than I thought. Way more AMC products than I would have guessed as well. The poor old GTO tied for fifth. Personally I'd take a tri power GTO over any Camero or Mustang. Oh well you guys crushed my hypothesis. Thankfully we can own Mopars.

66_nova_02.jpg

mercury-comet-1965a_2.jpg

1968-1970 Olds 442,AMC Rebel Machine,66 Nova,66-67 Ford Fairlane,70-71 For Torino,67-70 Mercury Cougar if I had to lower myself.
LOL Jim

I think I would have to go with mid-late 50's T-Bird, late 60's Cougar, early Falcon (reminds me of a bodies). Not a big fan of the bigger cars, no matter what make. Sure, I had a 69 RR, but still prefer the smaller cars. Even wouldn't mind getting my hands on an early business coupe.

Yeah...an AMX or S/CRambler, Rebel Machine, maybe even one of those odd Hornets or a Gremlin X with a 401. Other than those a GSX would be cool. LOTS of torque. Maybe an oddball Olds.

Maybe a Studebaker Hawk! (supercharged, of course)

70 Olds 442 W30...A good buddy of mine owned one in high school. Another guy at school had a 69 Roadrunner, there were many friday nights that 'runner saw the taillights of that 442. We had guys from all over who would drive out to Aurora to run the 442. Those were fun times!

Thank You!

OldMoparsRule

man, lets see...

i like 63-69 nova's
65,65,66 & 70 chevelle
68-69, 70 1/2 camaro

64-66 mustang
68 torino

amx
amc rebel
amc hurst scrambler

olds 442
pontiac gto
buick gs

and go knows what else..lol. i like all makes and models.

AC Cobra with a 427 side oiler

New Ford GT

'69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet

And whatever the hell this last car is with four Allison v-16's in it. :)

gray-ford-gt.jpg

ford-gt-rear.jpg

1969%20Mach%201%20428%20CJ.jpg

QuadAlJPEG1.jpg

First of all let me start by saying yes I am a Mopar guy, and yes I dig Mopars. However I am a Muscle car guy and I can appreciate many different Muscle cars.

Having said that give me a : 1969 427 4spd COPO Camaro.

First of all let me start by saying yes I am a Mopar guy, and yes I dig Mopars. However I am a Muscle car guy and I can appreciate many different Muscle cars.

Having said that give me a : 1969 427 4spd COPO Camaro.

That would be the exception for camaro's for me ... nice car! Camaro's got me into mopars indirectly. My buddy had a 67 RS SS camaro when I was in high school. I started looking for a cool car and found a faded hemi orange 440 six pack super bee (number car) in and alley. I bought it and got it running. It blew the doors off his car despite being faded, ugly and having a factory bench seat with a column shift. I sold it for a 340 duster because I hated the column shift. That car would pay my mortgage off if I still had it. I do like the smaller A body's after owning the duster and two 340 swingers.

No GM product!

1964 Ford lightweight. Maybe an early fast back Mustang with some cool shelby type quarter window scoops. I also like the 50's cars.

Sorry I'm such a picture *****.

If I was a hot looking babe I would buy a huge mirror and never would have to leave the house.

I'll take one of these please. My uncle had one when I was a kid along with a GT350. Sold them both to buy a Dairy Queen franchise. Yeah I know- WTF was he thinking??

boss429.jpg

-
Back