Can't seem to find the factory head gasket compressed thickness on a 360 Magnum...

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at aftermarket head gaskets @ 38 thousandths, are there ones out the less than
00.38 ?

If I can find some thin ones, ( no $$$ Cometic) that will be thin enough to make the job worthwhile, I'll go for it.

right Now I'm thinking that there won't be enough raise in CR to make it worth it

I've been looking at aftermarket head gaskets @ 38 thousandths, are there ones out the less than
00.38 ?

If I can find some thin ones, ( no $$$ Cometic) that will be thin enough to make the job worthwhile, I'll go for it.

right Now I'm thinking that there won't be enough raise in CR to make it worth it
.047 is a crushed factory gasket.

Mr. Gasket 1121G.
4.14 gasket bore, .028 compressed thickness
They come as singles, so make sure you order two.

The engine is complete and in the car
Major hassle (headers) to install the gaskets to get a few hp

I wouldn't go for milling, I've seen some that were machined, and everything was supposed to fit.

You got it, on both occasions the intake was sucking air due to the misaligned gasket

Last edited:
Post four in this old thread I listed as .039" compressed for ones I measured at that time. Notice the Magnum gaskets also have a smaller bore diameter and most replacement LA gaskets are larger, so using an LA gasket with thinner compressed thickness may not gain much in compression.

Holes in the head. (Memory actually)

Edited to fix “LA gaskets are larger.”

Last edited:
-
Back