CAP Auto

-
Yes they did. QA1 bought up all of CAP’s designs and took over all production. I don’t think they inherited any of CAP’s liability or service on previously made parts. Some of the designs were changed significantly, like the UCA’s which don’t look anything like what CAP was making. The K frame looks similar but had a few key redesigns. The lower control arms were basically unchanged initially, and the adjustable strut rods were not changed at all (nor did they need to be).

Perhaps @QA1_Steve can comment further about the details, since I know you have a bunch of CAP made parts

Yes they did. QA1 bought up all of CAP’s designs and took over all production. I don’t think they inherited any of CAP’s liability or service on previously made parts. Some of the designs were changed significantly, like the UCA’s which don’t look anything like what CAP was making. The K frame looks similar but had a few key redesigns. The lower control arms were basically unchanged initially, and the adjustable strut rods were not changed at all (nor did they need to be).

Perhaps @QA1_Steve can comment further about the details, since I know you have a bunch of CAP made parts
I was honestly under the impression that they changed from Cap to Mancini. If you look at the "K" frames, they look identical.

I was honestly under the impression that they changed from Cap to Mancini. If you look at the "K" frames, they look identical.

QA1 bought CAP. I don’t know where Mancini is getting there stuff, but I don’t believe they’re the manufacturer, just the retailer.

i bought from CAP
one of the biggest mistakes of my life!
pure junk!
luckly i found out before i wrecked my car or died
one of my spindles broke
the bearing shaft actually broke off
the adjustable strut rods were 2 different lengths
one lower control arm was mounted at a bad angle
and so on
of coarse CAP had a deaf ear
and so did QA1
so i was stuck with $4500.00 of junk

My cap k member and adjustable strut rods fit perfect on my 71 demon. Still in use today.

my strut rods probably fit perfect but for 2 different cars!

-
Back