Car wont Run!

-
How do I tell if it's the torque converter? That scares me since I just jad the tranny rebuilt. It is a new converter

How do I tell if it's the torque converter? That scares me since I just jad the tranny rebuilt. It is a new converter

Well, I seriously doubt its the TC, check all your carb issues first, if no success there then start looking at the TC. Most likely if its new, i'd sat 97% its the carb situation, sorry to freak you out. :yawinkle:

Vacuum leak is the easiest thing to check. With the engine idling take a spray can of WD-40 or engine cleaner (Gunk) and spray the carb base and where the manifold meets the heads (all gaskets). If you hear a change in idle speed you found your leak. Don't forget the shaft ends that hold the butterflies for the carb.

With the eddy , to change the metering rods just loosen the little screw on top and swivel the tiny top plate and remove the metering rod assembly. remove the little spring change rod and /or spring( I use the orange one) replace and done. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO REMOVE THE CARB OR FUSS WITH GAS ON YOUR HANDS OR TRAFFIC HONKING AND PEOPLE SWEARING AT YOU!!!!!

-
Back