Carb troubles!

-

67Barracuda273

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the stock iron and carb on my 67 Barracuda with a 273. I am looking for a 4 barrel but have recently read that the Edelbrock Performer series is crap and that Holley's are really inconsistent. I am looking at Demon now but cant find an reviews of good or bad. Can anyone help me make the right decision on a carb? any info would be appreciated.

it all depends what you want to do, Edelbrocks arent really crap, they just dont bring out all the horsepower as easily as a holley, and their easier to tune. Holleys are a pain to tune unless your familiar with them, but generally unleash a bit more power. Demons are probably in the same class as holleys. but look a lot nicer and cost a bit more. I have never seen anyone with a demon though, but thats because they havent been around as long. You cant really go wrong with a thermoquad though. :geek:

i am biased but i like edelbrock carbs a lot they are deadreliable i never had a problem with my eddy 600 on a 318 with a mopar 284cam and a performer intakemanifold it would start up instantly and idle after a few minutes even when the temperature was 20- C dont know how cold that is in farenheit but its realy cold.. and that was after sitting for a few months..never needed to do any thing to make it run right just adjusted idlespeed and the idlescrews... i also belive that its posible to get a few more horses out of a holley but those are harder to tune if you arent familiar with them!

First off welcome to the forums.
As mentioned above Edelbrocks are not as bad as people
make them out to be. They are a good carb for the money.
Unless your racing your car, It should perform well for you. :salut:
How bout a picture of your car.

:worthles:

On a 273 I would go with a Eddy Perf. Intake and either a 500CFM Eddy carb or a 575 road Demon.

-
Back