carb ?

-

93toyota

Reaction score
I got a 365 with a mild build10;1 comp 488/509 crane hyd roller and was wondering if my eddy 600 vac sec would be enough for it? also would a m1 single be ok? plan on being able to drive to work and still get out alaska this fall

I tend to agree with Adam. The 600 is fine around town and will be very responsive but for overall performance I think a 700-750 would be better

think the 600 may work verry good around town and wil be very responsive but a bigger carb will let it breath much better at high rpm
just swapped a 650 holley dubbelpumper for a 800cfm edelbrock and it made a good diference in the toprange.. but the smaller carb was better for just driving..

EXACTLY ! I use a 600 vac secondary on my cuda for daily driving. I get good gas mileage and because of the littler venturi size the airspeed is a little higher giving it great throttle response around town but on weekendz when I go out to play I throw my 750DP on it .... not as much fun to drive but definately better topend and upper midrange.

Depends on what your max rpm is. If you aren't shifting higher than 6000 rpm the 600 is more than enough for a street motor. You would need to be running the engine up into the 7000-8000 rpm range on a regular basis to need a 750 carb.

There are a number of calculators on the web (do a search on carburetor sizing) that will help you decide on what size carb to use. If your engine had a 100% volumetric efficiency that is on each intake stroke it would completely fill the cylinder then the engine would require about 650cfm for 6000 rpm. A more realistic effiency would be 85-90% which would require 570cfm making the 600 just about perfect.

Just like a cam resisting the temptation to go big will make for a much more friendly engine on the street.

I think youd be better off with a Performer RPM if its mostly a street car. You'll have much better torque and throttel response with it over the m1

-
Back