Carhenge and Cadillac Ranch

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
While on a 5000 mile round trip last week we had the opportunity to visit Carhenge and Cadillac Ranch ........ oh ya, and some small little places... Badlands SD , Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park UT. Had a great trip, but BEST of all we got to spend a few days in California with my daughter and son-in law .....AND Bella , my grandbaby.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ..... hey, once you're that far out what's 8 more hrs.....till you start home ...lol ... pics posted in that order. Bella looks like a little boy ....lol

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 845.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF0562.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF0522.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF0306.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 976.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 953.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 958.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 172.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 237
Ahhhh someday I'll be able to do that,...Glad you had a great trip,...It's always good to make memories...

:angel10: Bella is precious.....Did you guys buy her that Mopar bib?

We stopped @ Cadillac Ranch (LOL) on our way home from Indy a few weeks ago. It wasn't so muddy though!!

Attachments

• P1090815 (Small).JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 149
  • P1090818 (Small).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 164
  • P1090809 (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 154
  • P1090819 (Small).JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 154
  • P1090822 (Small).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 163
I can't believe, Cadillac Ranch still exists. Thanks for the pictures, cute granddaughter.

While on a 5000 mile round trip last week we had the opportunity to visit Carhenge and Cadillac Ranch ........ oh ya, and some small little places... Badlands SD , Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park UT. Had a great trip, but BEST of all we got to spend a few days in California with my daughter and son-in law .....AND Bella , my grandbaby.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ..... hey, once you're that far out what's 8 more hrs.....till you start home ...lol ... pics posted in that order. Bella looks like a little boy ....lol

From what i remember the caddillacs at the caddillac ranch were all running driving cars at the time the holes were dug and they were buried. Cool icon, but kind of a shame.at the same time. Yep a valiant V200 ,sedan at carhenge. I know theres some folks on here that like these, im not one of those people. At the risk of getting flamed i just gotta say it, thos body style valiants are pretty ugly IMHO. What the hell was Virgil Exner thinking when these were styled. Of course it was getting near the end for ole virgil. Once the tailfins went away i dont think he knew what to do. The early 60s spawned some really raunchy looking mopars. Elwood Engle got chrysler out of the stodginess and into cool looking designs by the mid 60s tho.

Cool pix of your trip tho. Glad u had fun. Thanks for sharing with us.

thanks for looking .......At C yep I bought the bib last year at MMW, Carhenge was very cool, but I'm kinda like ...WHY ? , but still cool .......Cadillac Ranch very cool americana..... I guess that would be a WHY ? also ..lol ..... sad its going downhill so fast, people climbing all over the cars they look terrible, I think the only thing holding them together is the inch of paint on them .

..... sad its going downhill so fast, people climbing all over the cars they look terrible, I think the only thing holding them together is the inch of paint on them .
my first thought was "the vandals can't even clean up behind themselves" then I started to wonder whether the paint is left there on purpose for others to tag the cars...

my first thought was "the vandals can't even clean up behind themselves" then I started to wonder whether the paint is left there on purpose for others to tag the cars...

Sometimes the owner primers them all one color so people can start
all over again.

-
Back