carlisle 2013 pictures.... fords

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
so we went to the ford show at carlisle this past weekend for the first time.. saw lots of nice cars.

the ford show is a lot like the mopar show.... i didn't notice quite as many restored original cars though. i may just not have stumbled onto them though.

one thing they had that was cool was a dealership (fred beans i think it was) that had two lifts there and were installing all kinds of things.. lowering kits, exhaust and god knows what else.

way too many new cars just like the mopar show...

cj pony parts is not too far from the fairgrounds and they do a little show/cruise to the fairgrounds friday morning.. they gave away free coffee,doughnuts and tee shirts then took an hour ride on mostly back roads to a park just around the corner from the fairgrounds. they actually interviewed me for their website..lol the color of my car is what brought them over to me.. that video if ever posted should be interesting.. i did throw mopar out in the interview..

thursday night on our ride there and all day friday it rained. still got to see a lot.. saturday the weather was awesome. walked all of the parts and a lot of the show area. then after dinner went to the go-karts. me and rylee kicked the **** out of jamie.. needless to say rylee loved it. she has been asking to go on the go-karts again already..lol.

sunday we went back to the fairgrounds to meet up with bill. walked the parts again then headed home about noon..

all in all it was a good weekend.. i was surprised as to how many people actually liked the color of my car. was nice seeing different things.

anyway here are the pictures.. http://www.abodyjoe.com/2013/carlislefords/page1.htm

Thanks for sharing the pics - the older stuff looked really cool.
Holy new Mustangs Batman! I actually laughed out loud when I saw the "Yellow Mustang Club". Just goes to show how many Mustangs they sold.

* Also, cool web page AbodyJoe!

oh those yellow club guys are a bit full of themselves. their biggest thing was winning the coolest tent award. not sure if they did or not.

tons of new mustangs. hell i didn't even go in that section even though i love the new stang. its the same as chryslers at carlisle and all the new crap there. i avoid it. can see it running down the road just about everyday.lol

Nice pics.

Gotta get down for the Ford show one of these days and see if I can't scare up some trim for the '54.

I used to own one of these....Red stripes instead of blue. V8 / 4spd

Nice pics & looks like a fun time.

Oh the horror........I'm posting in a Ford thread LMAO :joker:

Attachments

• Mustang Cobra.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 147
You do know that this is a MOPAR site right? Just kidding the, pics look cool.

I still do. Best reliable chuckle for the buck. i have never run into mine yet.. but i didn't buy it for shows...I bought it to ride..

I really am ambivalent about this type of show...yes, they are all car enthusiasts, yada, yada...but why would you go to a show and pony (pun intended) up cash to see the same car that you parked besides at Wallies World.. ?

Far too many new cars in this show....but who can tired at looking at Mustang IIs ? arg..

Perhaps there should be a model year cut off ?

But nomatter, thanks for the pics,,there were some jems ..

Have ya been to chryslers at Carlisle ?? Same deal. Tons of newer ****. Neons, pt cruisers new challys, new chargers etc... Just the way it is these days. Plenty of older stuff there to enjoy also.

We haven't been to a car show since 2010 when we showed both cars. It really wasn't a positive experience for any of us. Too many criticisms of the cars by nobs... and the voting was just silly... there were several examples of cars that just blew us away that didn't even make honorable mention..It reminds me of a Mustang show I was at ...'08 or '09 that the Best in Show was a brand new Bullit.. huh ? There was an original, survivor '67 fastback that was lovely...oh, a guy who had glued on side pipes ( I have pics) also got an award..sorry, i get off the box..

Grassy

....... really wasn't a positive experience for any of us. Too many criticisms of the cars by nobs...

My car is low buck, certainly not "show," and I don't plan on doing so, but I've developed a sure fire stopper for the

"whyn't ya......paint, polish, etc, wheels, whyn't ya........etc"

I just hold my hand out in the time honored "rub finger and thumb AKA give me the money" and tell 'em somethin like, "well I'd be happy to make all those changes as soon as you get out your wallet."

The silence is usually incredible.

probably quite a few times. we were all over the place..

had my mustang there. was only one other hatchback in the parts section the same color..

DSC_0002.JPG

-
Back