[Found!] Carter 600-650 afb carb for my 273

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the total shipped to 93065 Simi Valley, Ca. Could you post a photo? Any idea of the best place to get a quality kit for this carb? I haven't rebuilt a carb in years! Thanks, Larry "Litz" Littsen

Litz, what manifold are you running? Any other mods to the 273?
Thanks for the reply, I'm using a Weiand 8007 dual plane intake, and will be adding headers, and a solid lifter cam soon. Also an 8:75 rear with 4:10 gears. This combination is going into a 65 Valiant Signet. The engine was completely rebuilt shortly before I bought it. The guy I bought it from said his grandfather had bought the car new and had the engine work done shortly before he died and the car sat for a little less than a year. All the gasgets look fresh and I pulled the valve covers to get the casting #'s off the heads and everything was spotless and new valve springs were installed. I'm kind of on a budget so I'm trying to buy used parts when I can. A guy is supposed to drop the Weiand intake off in the morning but if he doesn't show up I will still be looking for an intake, and carb. If you have any small block stuff let me know. Thanks, Litz

Sounds like a plan. Plan on much freeway driving? Those 4.10s might be a little steep. Just out of curiosity, why the solid cam? Any ideas on the specs you're looking at? Take into consideration your other components (incl your torque/stall conv). Any info on the internals of the motor from the PO?

I have a Carter 625 cfm with electric choke off my '74 Duster. Upgraded for more airflow

$120 shipped, ready to bolt on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back