cast iron headed small block heading for 5's in the 1/8 !!!

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I met these guys, they are a riot! 350 with cast iron double hump heads ... not too bad !

That's the fugliest body style Nova ever but that's cool. Them guys are haulin azz.

I think I still have some iron Bowtie heads (still in boxes) that have camel humps on the end (I'd have to look). Probably quite a bit better than the original camel humps.
And you really believe it's a 350? I kinda doubt it. There are a lot of 434s out there.......
Did the clip say how bug a shot they were running?

Last edited:
I think I still have some iron Bowtie heads (still in boxes) that have camel humps on the end (I'd have to look).
And you really believe it's a 350? I kinda doubt it. There are a lot of 434s out there.......

Huge. Really really HUGE

Now THAT doesn't surprise me! Lol.

Chevy engines are throw away engines. The southern no prep guys build an LS engine and buy a set of ported heads from my buddy. They may come in next week for another set because they blew them up with turbos or smashed them into a wall.

I think I still have some iron Bowtie heads (still in boxes) that have camel humps on the end (I'd have to look).
300 shot, and adding more

Huge. Really really HUGE
.030 over, so it's a 355. 300 shot.

they were in the mid 7's (without spray if I recall correctly) when I saw the car 2 years ago. Channel was called "James and James" back then.

Mid 7’s in the 1/8 I’m guessing
for sure (and I could be wrong on the 7's... I'm getting old lol)... it was at the 1st NoNameNationals in Sikeston, Mo. Little James runs the Nova above, but let me tell ya, Big James has his own Nova. Big James is the teacher, Little James the student

for sure (and I could be wrong on the 7's... I'm getting old lol)... it was at the 1st NoNameNationals in Sikeston, Mo. Little James runs the Nova above, but let me tell ya, Big James has his own Nova. Big James is the teacher, Little James the student

You know 7.50’s in the 1/8 is only 11.70’s in the 1/4. My 340 street car ran 11.82 back in the 70’s. Nitrous is the only thing impressing here.

You know 7.50’s in the 1/8 is only 11.70’s in the 1/4. My 340 street car ran 11.82 back in the 70’s. Nitrous is the only thing impressing here.
Yeah, i know what it is. I don't know if the engine in it now is the same one. Big James and Little James were both from Arkansas and this Nova was intended to get into some heads up racing at a "local" - kinda backwoods very narrow track ... lol, all in good fun of course. Certainly getting the car faster was the goal, but now Big James moved out of Arkansas so it's tougher for them to get together. Obviously this car wouldn't tech at a legit NHRA or IHRA track. There's not even a bar in it and they are pushing for 5's.

Last edited:
-
Back