Cast Manifolds from a M-body

-

superscamp

Super Scamp
Reaction score
I finally got tired of th driver side 318 manifold in 360 powered scamp, so I started looking for CHEAP manifolds. The jeep magnum one almost fit but the collector/outlet is too close to the starter. I pulled one out of a 1981 diplomat with a 318 thinking I would port it again to mate to the 360, but the ports are really close to the 360 no porting required plus the outlet is 1-7/8" and can be ported to 2" diameter.

Thank you 8) and welcome to this great site if I missed you in the welcome thread. :-D
I heard that the 318 LA manifold from a Dakota can work in early A bodies but I would need to look that up again :read2:

I finally got tired of th driver side 318 manifold in 360 powered scamp, so I started looking for CHEAP manifolds. The jeep magnum one almost fit but the collector/outlet is too close to the starter. I pulled one out of a 1981 diplomat with a 318 thinking I would port it again to mate to the 360, but the ports are really close to the 360 no porting required plus the outlet is 1-7/8" and can be ported to 2" diameter.

Are you saying that the 81 diplomate manifolds fit into the A body without issues. I'm about to drop the same motor into my 68 and wasn't sure about cleanaces. That would make thing s little easier

Are you saying that the 81 diplomate manifolds fit into the A body without issues. I'm about to drop the same motor into my 68 and wasn't sure about cleanaces. That would make thing s little easier

Yep it fit great in my 75 scamp with power steering and a 4 speed, so it should work fine in a 68 since the frame rails are the same compared to the pre 67. I had to modify the head pipe a bit because the outlets are not in the exact same place

That's great new's, thanks for the help.

cheers

Yep it fit great in my 75 scamp with power steering and a 4 speed, so it should work fine in a 68 since the frame rails are the same compared to the pre 67. I had to modify the head pipe a bit because the outlets are not in the exact same place

early durango and dakoda manifolds will fit with out power steering and with floor shift

-
Back